Gibraltar X mountain problem

virtual_francky

Hi, I have purchase today Gibraltar X for FSX, and I have a problem withe the mountain, the higher part of the mountain disappear when I come close to the mountaint, and it never goes back again even whrn I fly away from the mountain.

Any Idea of the problem ?

Using FSX + Acceleration

REX

UTX

for this location.

Thank you.

post-48221-0-34424800-1317675872_thumb.j

post-48221-0-12870400-1317676003_thumb.j

Hi, on the screens, UTX is under Gibraltar X. I have Nextmap Spain, France, Switzertland, Germany, Netherland, Italy for the Europe region and Gibraltar X is over all these Mesh. I use GEX europe too but it is only texture.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, on the screens, UTX is under Gibraltar X. I have Nextmap Spain, France, Switzertland, Germany, Netherland, Italy for the Europe region and Gibraltar X is over all these Mesh. I use GEX europe too but it is only texture.

maybe nextmap is causing this issue, deactivate it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

maybe nextmap is causing this issue, deactivate it.

Hi mopperle, I did some tests this morning, and it seems that the product is not compatible with NextMesh Pro Spain, by deactivating the mesh, the Mountain looks perfect, with the mesh activated, I have a blend between the too meshes.

Any idea to solve the problem, because with the spain near by, it s a shame to deactivate the Nextmesh Pro Spain Mesh to fly over spain.

• Developer

Please check the manual, I not remember it, but I think there are alternative Mesh files in Gibraltar with higher LOD's to "overrole" other Meshes, which could be replace the original once. But it's possible that I am wrong here.

• Deputy Sheriffs
For the moment no solution, and FSDreamscapes seems dead

So this seems to be the solution: deactivate it as long as they can't give you any support.

• Developer

Ok,

have talked with Thorsten, the scenery includes allready meshes up to LOD12, but when the Spain Mesh is LOD13 it will get the higher prio here. Please try to unzip the attached file into the ..\gibTerrain\scenery folder and check it the problem is gone after the restart of the FSX.

gib_meshLOD13.zip

Ok,

have talked with Thorsten, the scenery includes allready meshes up to LOD12, but when the Spain Mesh is LOD13 it will get the higher prio here. Please try to unzip the attached file into the ..\gibTerrain\scenery folder and check it the problem is gone after the restart of the FSX.

Thank you for trying to solve the problem, I have tried the file you attached, I doesnt have any anooying clipping of the mountain when flying around Gibraltar, but honestly, the sceney doesnt look like how it should with the Gibraltar scenery X alone. Here are some screen to explain what it looks like now. Just have look at the mountain and you should see the difference immediately.

Franck

post-48221-0-45656000-1318232160_thumb.j

post-48221-0-63338200-1318232175_thumb.j

post-48221-0-91677600-1318232191_thumb.j

Hello Franck,

Have you contacted Next Mesh to see if they can tell you the file that might include the rock so as to see if it can be disabled in there scenery to allow the rock to show on its own.

Looks like they are out of the buisness now, so will be difficult.

The file you send me is for allowing the LOD13 of nextmesh to apply ?

May be having a higher priority in the Gibraltar X sceney could solve the problem, right now the sceney is already at the top of everything.

The problem is that the Mesh is only made with 4 or 5 big files, so it is not possible to exclude the part that contain Gibraltar. I am sure that the dev can find a trick to fix this little problem, why not include a Mesh more detailled that the next mesh, this should fix the problem, because with the little file you gave me, I dont have the clipping anymore, but the mesh is less complex that the original one with the Gibraltar scene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Hi,

at the last screens I cannot see any faults of the mountain. Maybe you can try to higher the mesh resolution in your display settings a little bit.

"The Rock" has a very difficult shape with lots of steep coasts making it very difficult for the terrain mesh engine.

The mesh you´re using is oversampled in LOD13. (No mesh raw data I currently know has such a high resolution needing LOD13).

The problem is, that a higher LOD will overwrite the priority (layer) settings of your scenery library. So the next mesh LOD13 mesh will

ALLWAYS show even if there is a LOD12 mesh in a higher scenery layer. That´s why I made the oversampled LOD13 Gibraltar mesh, which will allow to overwrite the LOD13 next mesh (If the Gibralatar mesh is in a higher scenery layer).

But maybe there are still some side effects I cannot see on the static screenshots.

Thorsten, sim-wings