Miguel_V

Observed several failures A318/319

Recommended Posts

I have observed that in the current version of A318 / 319 for Prepar3D v4.3 having Armed the Airbrake in any landing mode when touching ground, putting power levers in IDEL and pressing F2 for reverse, the airbrakes are NOT automatically activated as if In the previous version of the Aibuses, is there any cause for them not to act?


Another failure (I have videos of captures) is that once the brakes of the main wheels are removed, once folded and after a long time of flights an hour or more, its temperature does not go below 30 degrees, even in levels of flight not less than 30,000 feet, is it normal? even when it lands, it exceeds 300 degrees, and still I put fans continue Increasing its temperature, preventing it from being able to brake when arriving at the landing gates, passing the safe distance or STOP, is it normal?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

I have observed that in the current version of A318 / 319 for Prepar3D v4.3 having Armed the Airbrake in any landing mode when touching ground, putting power levers in IDEL and pressing F2 for reverse, the airbrakes are NOT automatically activated as if In the previous version of the Aibuses, is there any cause for them not to act?

 

Interesting.  I've tested this many times and it's working fine for me.  In fact, I was doing deliberate testing on this very thing.

 

This leads me to believe that a reinstall might resolve the issue.  Please try the following uninstall/reinstall procedure, and then let us know if the issue is resolved for you?

 

1. Uninstall via the Windows Program Manager,
2. Remove any remaining Airbus Folders where ever you installed it to (you'll find an Aerosoft and an Aerosoft Airbus A318 A319 Professional folder). The default location for both the folders is in the Documents folder.
3. Reboot
4. Disable computer security software.
5. Run the Airbus Installer “As Admin”
6. After the Reinstall, run the AS Updater.

7. Reboot.

8. Re-enable computer security.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Interesting.  I've tested this many times and it's working fine for me.  In fact, I was doing deliberate testing on this very thing.

 

This leads me to believe that a reinstall might resolve the issue.  Please try the following uninstall/reinstall procedure, and then let us know if the issue is resolved for you?

 

1. Uninstall via the Windows Program Manager,
2. Remove any remaining Airbus Folders where ever you installed it to (you'll find an Aerosoft and an Aerosoft Airbus A318 A319 Professional folder). The default location for both the folders is in the Documents folder.
3. Reboot
4. Disable computer security software.
5. Run the Airbus Installer “As Admin”
6. After the Reinstall, run the AS Updater.

7. Reboot.

8. Re-enable computer security.

 

 

 

 

As soon as I have time, I will make these indications.


Thank you

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Miguel_V said:

Another failure (I have videos of captures) is that once the brakes of the main wheels are removed, once folded and after a long time of flights an hour or more, its temperature does not go below 30 degrees, even in levels of flight not less than 30,000 feet, is it normal? even when it lands, it exceeds 300 degrees, and still I put fans continue Increasing its temperature, preventing it from being able to brake when arriving at the landing gates, passing the safe distance or STOP, is it normal?
 

 

Although I fly in one of the hottest climates in the world, temperatures at cruise are well into the -40's and -50 C.  Having taken off with Brake Temps below 150C even after 2 hours of flying you can still see temperatures of 50 to 80C when landing.  The limitation with Brake Fans off is 300C so if you get them that hot before take off..... then they will be pretty warm when you land.  I've been flying the A320 in these hot climates for 5 years and have never seen a brake temp get below 30 C in flight.  Maybe others have but I have not so I'm not sure that is a fault with the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that if you take off with some 1xx degree hot brakes then these brakes will warm up your gear bay.

on modern jets those gear bays are sealed pretty well (ok, certainly not pretty well compared to the passenger cabin of course), so those 100 degree hot brakes will cause the gear bay to warm up quite significantly.

Therefore do not expect tooooo much cooling in flight. Sure,y they will cool, but not as rapid as you may expect or as some other addons make you believe they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll discuss with our advisory pilots (of which Emanuel one one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

As can be seen in the following video, after making your instructions, the air brake still does not work. I have even updated the latest hotfix.

Two minutes of video only.

 

 

 

Miquel, I'm going to delete this post as well, hoping that you check your emails.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.