GSX @ GCLA and LPMA - solution

Cargostorm

Hi,

I just bought Aerosoft's excellent GCLA (La Palma) and realised that GSX vehicles sink in the ground due to the platform designs of these airports. This problem is also known for LPMA (Madeira). I have learned that FSDREAMTEAM works on a solution to be due in one of their next major updates. In the meantime, you can use the attached files that I have created in order to make GSX working at GCLA and LPMA.

The files were tested in P3D v32, but should also work in FSX. I thought it would be a good idea to share these files, just in case someone would like to use one of these airports with GSX.

Installation:

1. In the scenery library, place LPMA_cvx.bgl and/or GCLA_cvx.bgl in a scenery folder which sits above the AS GCLA or AS LPMA airport scenery (i.e. with higher priority). For example, place the required file in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder.

2. Enjoy ground vehicles in LaPalma and/or Madeira.

Hope the files also work for you. No support however.

Regards,

Chris

LPMA_CVX.bgl

GCLA_CVX.bgl

Thank you! I only installed GCLA, but LPMA was not made for P3D v3. Does it work well with v3? Are there runway lights at night? Are there elevation problems? Thanks. 

It works in P3D v3 although not 100%. You can get the runway and PAPI lights to work in P3D using a fix that was published by Rainer Kunst (simmershome): http://simmershome.de/madeira-fuer-p3d-v2-fix/

Depending on your setup, it can work or (as in my case) it requires further modifications. LPMA is tricky.

The only things that do not yet work are the approach lights arranged in the mountain corner between Gelo and Rosario (curved LDIN system). But I can live with that unless you are approaching at night.

Unfortunately the fix doesn't work, at least for me at GCLA with P3D v3.2. If I choose gate 6, the marshaller and the ground vehicles are still underground. When I choose gate 7 the marshaller is there but the other vehicles, such as the pushback, are underground. Didn't try other gates. I tried putting the files in several scenery folders with high priority (P3D doesn't have the Addon Scernery\Scenery folder).

Okay, then something else affects your scenery. I have tested gate 6 and 7, and there are no problems (see pictures). Being influenced from good old FSX tradition, I have created a Addon Scenery\Scenery folder, where I put all files that have no other place.

Please login to display this image.

19 hours ago, ca210270 said:

Unfortunately the fix doesn't work, at least for me at GCLA with P3D v3.2. If I choose gate 6, the marshaller and the ground vehicles are still underground. When I choose gate 7 the marshaller is there but the other vehicles, such as the pushback, are underground. Didn't try other gates. I tried putting the files in several scenery folders with high priority (P3D doesn't have the Addon Scernery\Scenery folder).

In my case, with the fix, GSX vehicles are not sunk didn't tried the marshaller thought. But I have all AI aircraft half sunk on their parking positions. Any ideas why?

vor 19 Minuten, iamlmc sagte:

But I have all AI aircraft half sunk on their parking positions. Any ideas why?

vor 20 Stunden , ca210270 sagte:

Unfortunately the fix doesn't work, at least for me at GCLA with P3D v3.2.

It could be that you use a AI Traffic program which uses another AFCAD for the airport. Then you could see the described problems. Try to deactivate all GCLA AFCADs (e.g. MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_GCLA.bgl to BR2_GCLA.off) from the Traffic program for that airport. At least with IVAO AI aircrafts I did not see any abnormalities. I do not use any Traffic program that places somewhere its AFCADs such as MyTraffic or others.

I created the folder Scenery as a subfolder of Addon Scenery, then put your GCLA_CVX.bgl file inside that Scenery folder. Then I activated it in P3D with priority 1 (first place in the scenery list). This is what I have (the screenshot is related to gate 6). Only the marshal is at airplane level, all the other vehicles are sunk. 

Do you use any Traffic program? Also check whether AFX_GCLA_ALT.bgl is in Prepar3D v3\Scenery\World\Scenery. Also check that in Prepar3D v3\Scenery\502\ the APX43210.bgl and cvx4321.bgl are not deactivated. Somehow the airport elevation does not fit, which should be 28m according to the AFCAD. My fix flattens at 27.95m in order to avoid texture flickering.

I can upload an other file, which has a larger aera flattened that you could try. Have you done any changes to the original AFCAD?

Otherwise I have no clue what could cause your problem. It could well be that FSDT brings out an update that will fix the issues with GSX differently. If the above suggestions do not help you may have to wait unfortunately.

Cheers,

Chris

Thank you. I use UT2, but I don't think it uses an alternate AFCAD. The files APX43210.bgl and cvx4321.bgl are not deacivated. I will check tonight about  AFX_GCLA_ALT.bgl, if that's ok I will only have to wait for the next GSX release... 

If only the marshaller is at the right altitude but the push truck not, then it appears that an other AFCAD is used or that somehow the airport layout has been changed in the currently active AFCAD. In that case, the flattening area can be enlarged. I will try and see whether an other file fixes this issue. The problem is that a too large area will make the flags in front of the main building and the people floating in the sky. It is tricky. UT2 does not provide AFCADs as far as I know. So that should not be the problem then.

Looking at the screenshot I posted, it seems that the apron is laying on solid terrain (right side of the image), while the buildings are floating and the GSX vehicles are in the 'floating area' and can't float. Maybe that the marshaller is at the right height because he is ahead of the vehicles, so he is on the solid terrain?

ca210270, during lunch time I have created a new file that has a larger flattening area. Just try it and see whether it improves your situation. As said before, I cannot use it because otherwise the flags and one passenger are floating over the main terminal.

GCLA_cvx2.bgl

On 11/05/2016 at 2:44 PM, Cargostorm said:

It could be that you use a AI Traffic program which uses another AFCAD for the airport. Then you could see the described problems. Try to deactivate all GCLA AFCADs (e.g. MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_GCLA.bgl to BR2_GCLA.off) from the Traffic program for that airport. At least with IVAO AI aircrafts I did not see any abnormalities. I do not use any Traffic program that places somewhere its AFCADs such as MyTraffic or others.

Thank you for the input! I do use MyTraffic v6.0a but all of the MyTraffic files related to my add-ons airports are switched to *.off or *.bak.

Please check the given screenshots in order to see if you can spot possible culprits... I have no clue.

Thanks in advance,

Luís

4 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

ca210270, during lunch time I have created a new file that has a larger flattening area. Just try it and see whether it improves your situation. As said before, I cannot use it because otherwise the flags and one passenger are floating over the main terminal.

GCLA_cvx2.bgl

I tried your file and indeed now GSX is ok, but unfortunately I have that passenger and the flags hovering on the main terminal :(

Vor 1 Stunde, iamlmc sagte:

Please check the given screenshots in order to see if you can spot possible culprits... I have no clue.

Luís, I would try to run AS La Palma only with the fix and deactivate VFR Spains VFR Mesh Canary Island and FTX Vector. They all contain files that refer to GCLA. Also in your world\scenery folder there is a file GCLAARP.bgl that I do not have. Just try with the default sceneries activated and AS La Palma with the fix and see whether it helps. Then you can rule out what it is.

vor 59 Minuten, ca210270 sagte:

I tried your file and indeed now GSX is ok, but unfortunately I have that passenger and the flags hovering on the main terminal 

Yes, this is what I said could happen when using the second cvx2 file. An other idea that just came into my mind: have you ever changed the vehicles positions in GSX for GCLA (via the internal customizing function of GSX, where you change vehicle position)? If yes, the entries must be deleted. I would check at APP\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX and then try the first fix again. Otherwise no clue why your GSX ground vehicles are more positioned to the terminal than my ones.

38 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Luís, I would try to run AS La Palma only with the fix and deactivate VFR Spains VFR Mesh Canary Island and FTX Vector. They all contain files that refer to GCLA. Also in your world\scenery folder there is a file GCLAARP.bgl that I do not have. Just try with the default sceneries activated and AS La Palma with the fix and see whether it helps. Then you can rule out what it is.

Out of luck... it has been a nightmare to have the Canaries working along side with Prepar3D v3.2. I have issues on every single Island and theirairports, not to mention LPMA that unfortunately is my base airport. Please check the given screenshots.

Edit: Forgot to deactivate GCLAARP.bgl, I will check in back later.

Disabled the GCLAARP.bgl file and it worked. Now I don't know how and when that file was created... But I do have a lot of them regarding GC* airports. Thank you for your help!

Luis, I am happy that I could help you in finding the bad file, and that the airport is now working.  

I have been on all Canarian islands, but not GCLA (and GCHI) yet. But it is on top of my list.

Happy landings,

Chris

10 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

Luis, I am happy that I could help you in finding the bad file, and that the airport is now working.  

I have been on all Canarian islands, but not GCLA (and GCHI) yet. But it is on top of my list.

Happy landings,

Chris

I only visited Gran Canária, Tenerife and Lanzarote. Maybe one day you have the opportunity to visit Porto Santo - LPPS (where I live) and it's bigger sister Madeira - LPMA as well.

Regards,

Luís

PS: Do you have GCHI scenery without issues?

In Madeira I have been twice :-)

GSX in GCHI is not working. I have tried to fix it. But not a big deal as usually I fly on this island only with GA aircrafts and not airliners.

9 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

In Madeira I have been twice :-)

GSX in GCHI is not working. I have tried to fix it. But not a big deal as usually I fly on this island only with GA aircrafts and not airliners.

Same regarding GA with GCHI, I was wondering about other issues like losing runway textures ( beneath raw texture overlapping the scenery runway texture, maybe a Z fighting issues since I have a huge shimmering artifacts over the runway textures and parking area at certain height. Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce the rnwy texture issue during this post). At night an annoying green terrain texture surrounding the airport regarding the rest of the island. also bad runway alignment.  You can see the green textures on both screenshots and shimmering on the parking area it's hard to catch that on a picture. On the first picture the miss alignment.

Archived