Saved flight plans

por928

I have just updated both A318/A319 and A320/A321 to 1.31. When you set up flight plans in all of the models, they seem to fly it very well.

My issue is when I save the flight plan though the usual FSX save/Load feature, they are not there upon return, the MCDU shows no plan. And the whole flight has to be reloaded.

I can create a flight plan using Flight Sim Commander and save it. Open FSX, load a bus, and then load the flight plan into the MCDU left side as per the dep/arr key. It finds it ok and loads it. I input the SID, load fuel and pax and carry out remaining MCDU. Push back and engines started. Every thing ready now. I now save the flight. Close FSX. When I open FSX again, and use the load feature, it finds the saved flight plan, But, when it loads, the MCDU is blank. I have tried this for both the A318 and A320 series.

I have also tried loading a flight plan where I am cruising. I places me where I was in the sky, all straight and level, but the flight plan is blank.

I cleared all my previous saved flights out, and all saved flights now were saved using 1.31. Machines is FSX, Win7, single instance of FSX only.

Am I not doing some thing correct?

Good evening Ged,

have you checked if the rest of the panel loads fine?
If the rest of the panel loads fine the flightplan *should* also load.

5 hours ago, por928 said:

I now save the flight. Close FSX. When I open FSX again, and use the load feature, it finds the saved flight plan, But, when it loads, the MCDU is blank. I have tried this for both the A318 and A320 series.

Hi Ged,

This is correct, I get the same thing if loading from "free flight"

But it works if you start a flight (even if default) then from within FSX you load the saved flight...

***Vol6-StepbyStep EN.pdf, page 22, 3.5 Saving a certain flight and aircraft state***

***The saved flight can be loaded only from within FSX (not possible from the Free Flight Menu)...***

Cheers,

Michael

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, bud said:

This is correct, I get the same thing if loading from "free flight"

But it works if you start a flight (even if default) then from within FSX you load the saved flight...

***Vol6-StepbyStep EN.pdf, page 22, 3.5 Saving a certain flight and aircraft state***

***The saved flight can be loaded only from within FSX (not possible from the Free Flight Menu)...***

Correct.

You may also find it interesting that the flight plan created by an external tool is a .flp file that you place in the Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans folder, but the file created when you save a flight is a .fms file and is saved to a different location (Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus).  More than just a distinction if you ever wish to send the saved flight to someone else!

OK, I understand better now. I did not realise the implication of:

• While saving the flight plan and state via the save feature BUT,,,Not being able to load the saved flight plan and state from the free flight "load" area.
  • You MUST Load a saved flight plan and state from within any flight in progress, for example, the default trike. 

Once I loaded the saved flight plan and state after loading any other flight, it all worked correctly.

When I read the step by step manual, I briefly saw the reference to saving/loading flight plans and states but thought, "I know how to do this, and need'nt read this part in detail. In other words...RTFM...properly.

Thanks guys, problem(me) solved.

And Dave, I worked out the flight plan creation flp file verse fms file the other night when I was checking on flight plans I had created (and 'lost' )and did not realise, until then the difference of "my" flight plan and that of external flight plan manager. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived