FS9.1 problem (possibly AES related)

t.mueller

Hello Oliver,

after I have installed AES, I have some strange problems with my FS9.1. I did 4 flights in the past two weeks. The two flights, originating from non-AES airports worked perfectly fine, but the two flights from AES-airports went into trouble immediately after takeoff (EDDF-->EDDV and EDDV-->KMIA)

After pressing the TOGA button, the PMDG B747-400 (pax) indicated a spoiler configuration take-off warning. After rejecting the take-off (at low speed) I checked the status of the spoilers both times using both the thrust quadrant and the status page and both indicated the spoilers in the detent position. On both flights the second T/O attempt worked fine just until after lift-off. When trying to retract the gear via the "G" key, nothing happened. The whole keyboard, as well as any other device attached and injecting keystrokes were dead. When clicking on the "Start" menu of Windows, the menu select line keeps jumping up and down. The keyboard is also dead in all other applications. Even physically disconnecting all devices (keyboard, mouse, joysticks, pedals, goflight modules, touchscreen etc) does not change the situation. It looks like a key or several keys are jammed, although no input device is connected. Only physically switching off the computer solves the problem.

It is not absolutely sure, that this is caused by AES but it is likely the case, because the problem only appears on take-offs from AES-airports.

My question: Does AES use some kind of key-injection mechanism?

I use the following configuration:

- Intel Core 2 Duo (2,6GHz)

- Dual Geforce 7900GTX (à 515MB)

- 2 GB RAM

- dual monitor (including one touchscreen)

- GoFlight-Modules (T8 and 166A) & Throttle Quadrant

- Aerosoft Australia MCP (EFIS & EICAS)

- TrackIR v4

- CH Pro Pedals and Fighterstick USB

- FS9.1 engl. professional

- German Airports

- AES (v1.1)

- FSUIPC and WIDEFS registered

- ASV

- Active Camera

Best regards

Thorsten Mueller

(20nm north of EDDS)

• Verified Developer

Hi,

I have no idea. AES will use the ViMaCore modules and the only keycombination used here is the Ctrl-Shift-W. Maybe one of your components will not like that, so maybe you can try to change this keyassignment via the "VistaMare" Menu.

As you are the only one with this problem, when it has to do with AES/ViMamodules it is a combination problem.

You also can try to uncheck the AES Airport and redo the flight. If the problem comes back, it is not AES.

Maybe someone else will report simular situations.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Aerosoft
Hi,

I have no idea. AES will use the ViMaCore modules and the only keycombination used here is the Ctrl-Shift-W. Maybe one of your components will not like that, so maybe you can try to change this keyassignment via the "VistaMare" Menu.

As you are the only one with this problem, when it has to do with AES/ViMamodules it is a combination problem.

You also can try to uncheck the AES Airport and redo the flight. If the problem comes back, it is not AES.

Maybe someone else will report simular situations.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

I also would like to know if the problem repeats without Active Camera, as there have been a few reports of an issue there.

Hi Oliver, hi Mathjis,

can you please have a look at the settings (see attached image).

I will try to deinstall active camera for my next flight and give it a try (due to job issues it may take some time).

Thanks for your help

Thorsten Mueller

(20nm north of EDDS)

• Verified Developer
Hi Oliver, hi Mathjis,

can you please have a look at the settings (see attached image).

I will try to deinstall active camera for my next flight and give it a try (due to job issues it may take some time).

Thanks for your help

Thorsten Mueller

(20nm north of EDDS)

As far as I can see, your settings are ok. If AES is related to that problem, it only can be a key assignment problem between all of your products dealing with keys. Regrading the spoiler it could be, that the F1/F2 key on ground will bring them in a armed position. But all the rest is very far away from AES.

brdgs

Oliver Pabst

Hi all,

I've had similar problems before, but mine were rooted back to Ultimate Traffic. Keyboard and all die at some point when the Palm Spotter is on. The only way for me to fix this was to switch it off, by entering the codes of an airport that does not exist, and hence, cancelling its coverage of my current airport. Everything went back to normal then.

• 2 weeks later...