Aerosoft GAP + SG series: If I buy them all....

JTEK

I have a quick question regarding the Scenery Germany series as well as the German Airports series.

Here's my situation. For the past year, I've been meaning to do some more flying around Germany (in FS, that is), but I've held off more detailed exploration of the area because I kept telling myself I'd be buying the Scenery Germany series (1, 2, 3 and 4) and perhaps even the German Airport series (1, 3 and 4).

Please note that I already have a few Aerosoft sceneries installed which, I'm certain, require me to alter settings/layers in FS2004's Scenery Library, but I want to make sure that those sceneries aren't going to be in conflict. Below is a list of sceneries which may or may not conflict with both the SG and GAP series; I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice if it will all work together and if there is something I must do to get them running correctly.

- Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt

- Aerosoft GAP2 Hannover

- Ultimate Terrain: Europe**

- FSGenesis Europe 76.4m Mesh

- FSGenesis Scandinavia 76.4m Mesh

- FSGenesis The Alps 19.1m Mesh

- FlyTampa's Vienna-Schwechat (LOWW)

- Cloud9 Amsterdam (EHAM)

- FSQuality Slovenia-Croatia

** Note: I already know that I must patch Ultimate Terrain: Europe with their special patches available at: http://66.135.39.111/ultterrain/Patch/UTEPatch.htm. But please let me know if there is other incompatibility.

Are any of these in conflict with the SG or GAP series? Should I be aware of any conflicts?

Assuming I do purchase BOTH the SG and GAP series, what is the best method to install them (i.e., the best "order" of installation). Will I have to uninstall or alter any of the above airports/sceneries?

If anyone can give me some specific information, that would be most helpful. It's quite a big purchase for me, so I just want to be sure all of this will work together before plunking down all that money!

Thank you very much for reading.

- Jay

P.S.: I found a few posts that talk about installation order for the above sceneries, but the information is not complete. Maybe there are others out there who have successfully installed the aforementioned sceneries; if so, it would be great to have some guidance. Thanks again.

Hello Jay,

Is this thread here any use to you.

SAF:

Of great use, thank you!

Just one thing that I noticed as I begin gathering info for my order. I noted that there is no GAP 2 Package available at Aerosoft. Is there a reason for this? I seem to remember a GAP 2 being available for FS2002, but I might be wrong. Any idea?

Thanks again for the pointer to that thread!

Shaun:

One question I forgot to ask. If I already Mega Airport Frankfurt as well as the recently-released GAP2-Hannover installed, will they cause any problems since they are already installed before the SG and GAP series? Where should GAP2-Hannover be layered in my Scenery Library as it is not mentioned in the thread you pointed out above?

Additionally, I was looking at the Bremen Scenery (which I don't have)... how should this one be layered were I to purchase it later on? Any ideas?

Thanks again for all your help. Looking forward to a major German flying tour!

Jay

• Aerosoft

If you have more than one Germany scenery product of Aerosoft it is important to install them in the right order to make them all fully compatible to each other. Please use the order shown below:

1. Scenery Germany 1

2. Scenery Germany 2

3. German Airports 3

4. Scenery Germany 3

5. German Airports 1

6. German Airports 2

7. German Airports 4

8. VFR Berlin

9. Mega Airport Frankfurt

10. Scenery Germany 4

11. Real Germany1

12. Real Germany 2

13. Real Germany 3

14. Scenery German Bremen

15. German Airports 2 Hannover

If you like to get the scenery in the right order without a full re-installing already installed sceneries, you can reorder the products in the scenery library of FS2004. Please note, the scenery entries are displayed in reversed order in this interface. Note: Scenery Germany 1 to 4 HAVE to be installed in right order to prevent problems!

If you have more than one Germany scenery product of Aerosoft it is important to install them in the right order to make them all fully compatible to each other. Please use the order shown below:

1. Scenery Germany 1

2. Scenery Germany 2

3. German Airports 3

4. Scenery Germany 3

5. German Airports 1

6. German Airports 2

7. German Airports 4

8. VFR Berlin

9. Mega Airport Frankfurt

10. Scenery Germany 4

11. Real Germany1

12. Real Germany 2

13. Real Germany 3

14. Scenery German Bremen

15. German Airports 2 Hannover

If you like to get the scenery in the right order without a full re-installing already installed sceneries, you can reorder the products in the scenery library of FS2004. Please note, the scenery entries are displayed in reversed order in this interface. Note: Scenery Germany 1 to 4 HAVE to be installed in right order to prevent problems!

I really need to reorder my sceneries. So Hannover should be at the top of the scenery library and Scenery Germany 1 below?

UT should always be at the bottom of everything.

That I understand. But what I don't understand is UTE's compatibility patch page that lists patches for: SG1 Only, SG2 Only, SG3 Only, and SG 2+3 Combo. What happens if all the SG series are installed?

I've read through all the threads on the subject at the UT forums, but it would seem there's no absolute answer; it would also seem that there are problems with SG4 and UTE in combination, although there is a patch of sorts that apparently works which some enterprising Freeware author came up with (Dietmar Frenzl): http://www.germany-vfr.de/Landscape/GermanyVFR_Patch_01.htm . Unfortunately, I don't speak German very well at all, so I'm not certain if it resolves all anomalies.

The one thing I'd really like to know is whether or not UTE really causes any major problems with the SG series. I'm guessing that it really doesn't. I've read that the roads are doubled in some cases, but if I disable the UTE roads, won't that simply go away? I know some people out there are perfectionists, most especially folks who are very familiar with the area (i.e., Germany); I know I'm a stickler for proper placement of scenery in my own home area, California (USA).

But for those of us fairly unfamiliar with Germany, won't it all look pretty natural regardless of the anomalies present with UTE?

Hello Jay,

If you disabled the roads, then it should work. But UT is a big project that replaces a lot of default scenery which is what most developers work with, the default. You would need to speak to the developer about this issue, he knows that if he requires our products to patch he only need ask us for them as before.