MADDOG MULTICREW PROBLEMS HAMACHI? RESOLVE

Eduard Gasull

MOD EDIT: shortened the title of the topic

Original Title: "you fly the maddog? please help! if not please read this to because i have doubts with multiplayer btwn fsxsteam and fsx"

---

Hi i have bougth with my friend the maddog to fly it with multicrew featre. I know this is not the correct forum to ask for help but in the leonardo forum i cant find the info i nedd, i cant post any new topic, the support of leonardo doesnt respond to me and theres a lot of problems

.The firts question is about multiplayer compability beetwen fsx steam and fsx. I have fsx and my friend is recently update to steam. But since that we cant play on fsx multiplayer creating a local session via hamachi. And with the maddog we cant even start the multiplayer we dont se even the error message, nothings happens. Some culd help?

thank you so much

No, in both computers we dont recibe the maddog connect error. It simple seems to not run because nothing's happens. (No purple message (that mean connection is ok) and no error message) In fsx default local miltiplayer (this is other issue) we cant conect each other. I (fsx) am always the session admin but in his computer (fsx steam) appears and error message or simply doesn't start to find the session. The connection is via hamachi. We haven't tested yet de Airbus cfd because I run it between 12 and 18 frames depends if i am on ground or in the air and we had sync problems when we fly fsx to fsx Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Other thing that it could be related is that we have to set on mad dog set up manager the same port as hamachi is using but with the last versioning hamachi a I don't how to find that info as it automatic create a vpn port, (you don't have to crate it) so where we can know de port we are using via hamachi? Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yeah im trying to contact them but it's impossible in their forums I can't post any new topic or reply to them I have create and account but every time that I click in post new topic or reply appears and error message. I have write to them but no response in two weeks it seems impossible to find a good and quick support as aerosoft does. Talking about the default local session of fsx between fsx and fsx steam any comments or advice? Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Aerosoft CFD World between deluxe-accelartion pack and steam? Because the shared cockpict works similar rigth? I really need help the support of leonardo it seems yo be clóset. Do you know here a forum memeber who has fligth the multicrew of maddog successfully?

Okey here is what i have learn from this problem by my self. Please forgive me for my poor english if you dont understand something please with a pv message.

1. you cant play lan sessions between FSX (normal. deluxe, etc) and FSX Steam.

2. but you can play multiplayer if multiplayer is working via TCPIP between FSX and Steam for example: Maddog 2010 sp3. Aerosoft airbus sp3, Fokker 70-100, and in the future the dash 8q400 pro , airbus a330 and i dont know if crj700-900 form aerosoft.

3. Lets see how i solved the conections problems in multicrew maddog.

• The first idea you have to think is what port you need to use. what port you need  write in the set up manager. You can find a tutorial on maddog forums a little bit out of date talking about how to conect via hamachi (is what i recomend) and you can see on it the port 26869 but they want you to change the TCP AND UDT port on hamachi preference. Okey dont do this. Simply because the new version of hamachi  actually is not similiar (talking about interface and preference settings) to the old version (turorial´s version) I dont know how to chancge TCP or UDP port on new hamachi but you can do this. Hamachi uses defaults TCP ports 12975 (initiator port) and 32976 (session port). We used the first one.
  • So after know this, go to the set up manager unclick the option multicrew lan blabla.. and put your pilot or copilot HAMACHI IP it stars from 25. etc etc And then on of the two ports 12975 or 32976 ( we used the first one) Why because in the official tutorial they want you to use the same port as hamachi is using, so if you cant configure hamachi to use one port, simply use the port that hamachi use by default. Then check you have the same playload data in the set up manager and start FS from free fligth with the same texture, airport, weather time and parking postion. I recomend you to satr both form cold and dark and please if you aircraft starts moving because you dont have change your default fligth, please stop it and the reload the park postion.
  • And finally THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP it seems really dummy but we spend like 4 hours to discover that, on oficil tutorial they want you to clik first on start session as PF (pc1 or pilot) and then start session (the other computer) as PNF (pc2 or copilot) and they are talking about some magenta messages that appears when conection is okey. For us this didn´t work. We had to press in start ses... as PF (in my case) and press start ses.. as PNF (my friend) at the same time. So download teamspeak if you dont have it, open a private chanel and start to count 1, 2 ,3 and clik AT THE SAME TIME corresponding buttons according to the specific circumstances of your flight (pilo always PF and copilot always PNF) Our reality is that we dont see that message (seriously, we dont have any teak that does messages dissappears) simply we dont see them. only when we press disnconect we cant see the magenta message. So if you dont see it please dont start to damn, just set the parking brakes and if both have the parking brakes set it means that you had a successful conection.

The maddog multiplayer is amazing, the sync is perfect, we dont have any problems, any doors bug, any fmc desync or spoilers, reverse or flaps sync problem.

Things to consider before trying this steps;

Do you have a sufficient bandwidth?

Is hamachi conected okey? 

You can answer your self doing this, Go to hamachi and inside the network created rigth clik on you friend and clik start ping or ping, nevermid. You will see a black box opening and white messages. thore are "signals" that your computer is sending to your friends computer and howmany time need those signals to return to you computer. Please ask your friend to do the same, With this way and if you see that both have the white message in the black box it means that the conection with hamachi is okey (this is only for hamachi) Its really necessary that the time that the signals need to return to your computer is equal or less than 30 ms. This is not a law but helps a lot. if you can´t ping to your firend it means there is no conection, i suggest you to contact logemin support, they are very nice people

Have you check you have your firewall down?

Hamachi creates a direct tunnel to your computer. So is highly recomended that you keep hamachi off and only turn it on for fligth. Conect only with computers that you know, (your friends). I recomend you to set your firewall of when you are flying and then turn it on after the fligth. The firewall could cuase conection lost between your friend and you.

Do you have windows 10?

If you have update your pc to windows 10 is very possible that in the update operations, the drivers of hamachi will be damage, please check this with the diagnostic tool of hamachi. If you have someting with the red mark, you will have to repear it. Google it, there are a lot of videos and webs , even i thing in the oficial page of hamachi explaning how to fix those problems.

Do you have THE LAST AND THE SAME MADDOG VERSION of your friend ? Same airac cycle?

otherwise wont work. and is very higly recomend that have the same airac cycle installed, You can do it with navdatapro, but you will have to do it manually. Maddog uses the same format that pdmg to the navdata. so will have to go to your PDMG FOLDER after update the pdmg with navdatapro, and the go to the sidstars folder and copy all intems to sidstars folder inside maddog2008 folder orr maddog folder. Then you will have to return to the pdmg folder and copy  all items from the subfolder navdata (inside PDMG FOLDER) and paste it inside FMCWP folder that is in your maind fsx folder, (in spanish, carpeta raiz) then you have to run your clean up utility form maddog. and DONE.

Do you have different FUEL QT even after checked together in both manager setup?

In this case, one of you will ned to run the fuel tool of maddog vía fsx gray menu (alt key) go to maddog and clik ground comunications. the press fuel or refuel, dont remember and clik in the set buttons to set a different but similar fuel qt and th eokey, the fuel of "both" planes will start to move until reach the qt requierd and it will be solve.

This is not an official tutorial, this is only how we made maddog multicrew work for us, because the official didnt work for us, Please run first the official tutorial, beacuse for something is the offcial tutorial. And after try it if the official way dont work for you yo cant try this.

Hope that helps

Archived