Still no connection

markyboy123

Hi there,

This is really weird, I have port forwarded 6881, I have disable firewall both on windows and my router, I have also disabled my antivirus and so has my friend and we are still getting no connection even tho we have disabled near enough everything.

We did use hamachi and it worked but that started to mess up my mates connection hense why we just wanted to connect by manual.

Anyone else had this problem Because this has TOTALLY confused me

• Deputy Sheriffs

You and your friend should use WireShark to find out if packets from the other one arrive at your machines or not. I guess they don't, and if so you still have a network problem.

You really need to check if packets coming through or not.

You and your friend should use WireShark to find out if packets from the other one arrive at your machines or not. I guess they don't, and if so you still have a network problem.

You really need to check if packets coming through or not.

Well we can ping each other, So I don't see why it won't connect

• Deputy Sheriffs

Keep in mind that the standard ping is on another port than the CFD.

That's why I suggested WireShark. ÃŽn There You will see not only the incoming packets but also the ports they are using.

Keep in mind that the standard ping is on another port than the CFD.

That's why I suggested WireShark. ÃŽn There You will see not only the incoming packets but also the ports they are using.

I just don't get why it won't work, We disabled everything and port forward, But still nothing, this is the confusing part.

Hamachi worked ok, but then it messed up my mates connection , That's why we wanted to try the normal connection but still didn't work

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, and in the course of finding the reason it is necessary to simply check certain parts. If you can proof that the communication works (by seeing the packets in WireShark on the correct port - on both sides) then the problem must be somewhere in CFD. If you don't see them, or just on one side, then the problem is in the network.

So, just get WireShark and have a look. Afterwards we can continue to search for the reason why it doesn't work.

• 1 month later...

So, in firewall, i see in inboud rules, that I have microsoft flight sim, but in outbound, i don't see anything about fsx. My friend, him, has microsft flight simulator in inbound rules and outbound rules, so something is wrong here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So, in firewall, i see in inboud rules, that I have microsoft flight sim, but in outbound, i don't see anything about fsx. My friend, him, has microsft flight simulator in inbound rules and outbound rules, so something is wrong here.

No need for double posting, so please stick to your own topic.

Archived