Aerosoft FS2004 Release: Budapest 2007

• Aerosoft

Aerosoft is happy to announce the release of Budapest 2007. This high-end scenery of Ferihegy International Airport,

created by Andras Kozma (well known for several award winning sceneries) is the latest in our Mega airport series.

The product page: http://www.aerosoft-shop2.com/products/bud...dapest2007.html

1.jpg

Budapest features

• Highly detailed taxiway and runway layout, with high definition textures

• Fully compatible with standard and third party AI-Traffic

• Full winter textures

• Full night textures

• Includes high density mesh of surrounding

• Includes full photographic ground texture of Budapest

• High level of animated car and bus traffic on airport

• Full and detailed lighting

• Very high number of objects on tarmac

• Superb optimization on every view angle so frame rates are stable and high

• A version of this product is in use by Malév Hungarian Airlines on their full size simulators!

Why a FS2004 version at this moment?

Basically because we had all the source files ready for some time and at this moment it is not possible to create a FSx

version that we consider good enough because we lack some of the tools that Microsoft has to provide. Now please

understand that this was an FSx product from the start and all the files were done to FSx specs. But recompiling them

into a slightly reduced resolution for FS2004 is not hard and as we do not know the schedule of Microsoft we decided to

release this FS2004 version, it was just too good to keep on our disks.

But when we do have all the tools (and we expect them in the next few weeks) we will REPLACE all versions sold with FSx

versions without cost. It will NOT be an update, but a full replacement of files as almost every file will be different for FSx.

Product page: http://www.aerosoft-shop2.com/products/bud...dapest2007.html

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Great update!

One question:

I have the older version of Budapest, which also includes several smaller airports in the Budapest area. Are those modelled in Budapest 2007 ?

If not, is there a possibility to transfer the "old" smaller airports to the "Budapest 2007" scenery (in FS2004, of course) ?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Torsten

• Aerosoft
Great update!

One question:

I have the older version of Budapest, which also includes several smaller airports in the Budapest area. Are those modelled in Budapest 2007 ?

If not, is there a possibility to transfer the "old" smaller airports to the "Budapest 2007" scenery (in FS2004, of course) ?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Torsten

They are not in this product, but I think it will be no problem moving them over. I will ask Andras to help out with this one.

They are not in this product, but I think it will be no problem moving them over. I will ask Andras to help out with this one.

The project was originally planned as an airport. As such, we did not intend to include the city, other airports, etc.

But we have to take care of those too who install it to a clear FS, where the entire area is almost a desert, so finally we decided to cover the city at least in order to give a better environment for the airport. But this in itself doesn't mean it is a Budapest scenery as such, it is the airport plus the city textures, autogen as a bonus.

I can easily provide a patch to have all airports and 3d objects for those who have the old Lago version of Budapest.

This stands for the 2004 version, the same will not be done or will be done differently for FSX.

regards

Andras

Why a FS2004 version at this moment?

Basically because we had all the source files ready for some time and at this moment it is not possible to create a FSx

version that we consider good enough because we lack some of the tools that Microsoft has to provide. Now please

understand that this was an FSx product from the start and all the files were done to FSx specs. But recompiling them

into a slightly reduced resolution for FS2004 is not hard and as we do not know the schedule of Microsoft we decided to

release this FS2004 version, it was just too good to keep on our disks.

I'm glad to see someone take this approach. Great move!! :D

What a great job you've done Andras!

Whenever you get the patch ready it will be even better but until then "disabling" sceneries is the name of the game!

My compliments as well to Aerosoft to release this product for FS9 and not to rush it out as a post-beta fs-x version ;)

I assume that the phrase "replacing" does not imply that I will have to return my fs2004 version when getting the new version as I do not plan to switch to fsx before spring/sumer 2007 :)

Carsten

• Aerosoft
What a great job you've done Andras!

Whenever you get the patch ready it will be even better but until then "disabling" sceneries is the name of the game!

My compliments as well to Aerosoft to release this product for FS9 and not to rush it out as a post-beta fs-x version ;)

I assume that the phrase "replacing" does not imply that I will have to return my fs2004 version when getting the new version as I do not plan to switch to fsx before spring/sumer 2007 :)

Carsten

Ahhh, course not. With replacing I meant to indicate it will be a full new version, not a rehashed FS2004 scenery.

Ahhh, course not. With replacing I meant to indicate it will be a full new version, not a rehashed FS2004 scenery.

I hope that you take this approach with other titles as they become available. The FS world has been kind of depressing since the release of FSX. I can't remember the last FS addon that I bought. :cry:

I'm eager to have the abovementioned patch. When and where will it be available?

Tamás,

No need for an actual patch.

Just copy your

AF2_LHBS.bgl

AF2_LHDK.bgl

AF2_LHFH.bgl

AF2_LHGD.bgl

AF2_LHHH.bgl

AF2_LHTL.bgl

bp200x_excl.bgl

bplib200x-1.bgl

bplib200x-2.bgl

bplib200x-3.bgl

budapest200x.bgl

budfalib.bgl

into the lower directory's scenery folder (I have no idea how Mathijs named those) - where the city files are - not the airport, and you got a fully working version.

You also need to copy ALL bitmap files to the texture folder of the same directory from the old Budapest, all of those NOT starting with

011232*.bmp

Hope it helps.

regards

Andras

• Aerosoft
into the lower directory's scenery folder (I have no idea how Mathijs named those) - where the city files are - not the airport, and you got a fully working version.

That would be fs2004MainFolderAerosoftBudapestBudapest_Photo

For those of us that have previous versions - what would we be getting with this latest version that we do not already have ?

Thanks

A free invitation to the nearest optician :P

Well...how about looking at the screeners...if that's not enough - at least it was for me

Carsten

I've just taken some screenies of this product which you can view by clicking on the following picture. Nice work Andras, I loved the Lago version and I love the work that went into this too. Now I just need to port the buildings over :D

Please click on the picture for a series of images

Aero_Budapest_03.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I dont think so!

Nick i think you need to sort out that traffic in Budapest cause aircrafts park everywhere. not realistic but great shots!

Blame the pilots Tamas :wink:

• 2 weeks later...