Aligning IRS

Tharanga

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble aligning the IRS for a Adelaide to Melbourne flight, my LAT and LONG seems to be incorrect, where can I find information for my Adelaide to Melbourne Flight?

Kind Regards

Tharanga

What kind of information are you looking for? Flightplans?

Yes, flight plans to enter into the Airbus A320 MCDU menu to fly from Adelaide to Melbourne

• Deputy Sheriffs

The most important thing is that you need to know the 4 letter ICAO codes of the airports. You can google these with ease:

Adelaide is YPAD for example and Melbourne is YMML. This is the citypair you input via LSK1R on your MCDU INIT A page.

If this last sentence was all just gibberish to you then please read the step by step guide provided with the product again. Youtube also has some nice tutorial flights for the bus.

Happy Landings!

The most important thing is that you need to know the 4 letter ICAO codes of the airports. You can google these with ease:

Adelaide is YPAD for example and Melbourne is YMML. This is the citypair you input via LSK1R on your MCDU INIT A page.

If this last sentence was all just gibberish to you then please read the step by step guide provided with the product again. Youtube also has some nice tutorial flights for the bus.

Happy Landings!

Hey,

sorry to keep asking you too much questions, but I entered an incorrect LAT and LONG into MCDU menu, and my MCDU now keeps saying REST IRS TO NAV, maybe I googled the wrong place, do you know

any good site where I can find the correct LAT and LONG for any airport?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the airbus has an GPS you should just use those coordinates. Better yet just enter the citypair you want to fly and let the IRS align with that info.

I have never entered lat/lon by hand in the real bus.

If you align your IRS you should ofcourse also be there where you told your IRS you are. With other words, if you are in YPAD (adelaide) you should not align the IRS with the coordinates of Melbourne.

And next to google, wikipedia is also your friend here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Airport

The coordinates are in the box on the right side of the screen. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

As the airbus has an GPS you should just use those coordinates. Better yet just enter the citypair you want to fly and let the IRS align with that info.

I have never entered lat/lon by hand in the real bus.

If you align your IRS you should ofcourse also be there where you told your IRS you are. With other words, if you are in YPAD (adelaide) you should not align the IRS with the coordinates of Melbourne.

And next to google, wikipedia is also your friend here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Airport

The coordinates are in the box on the right side of the screen. ;)

Where can I get a detail knowledge on these SID, arrival runway and STAR / TRANS) and IRS for terminology?, so that I know what I need to use for a flight plan, since creating a flight plan on MCDU is a bit complex at the moment, since I am not 100% confidence whether I made a perfect flight plan from Adelaide to Melbourne, that way, I understand why you told me (you should not align the IRS with the coordinates of Melbourne)

It would be awesome if there is a perfect tutorial for a Adelaide to Melbourne Flight Plan on MCDU somewhere on Google, but can't find one, so that I can create a Adelaide to Melbourne flight plan like real pilots

Kind Regards

Tharanga

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are lots of full flight videos on youtube explaining how to create a proper flight plan and how to enter it into the mcdu, e.g. these video from Froogle

HOW TO PLAN A ROUTE FOR THE AIRBUS X IN FSX
HOW TO START UP THE AIRBUS X IN FSX
HOW TO FLY A SID IN THE AIRBUS X FOR FSX
HOW TO FLY THE APPROACH IN AIRBUS X FOR FSX

• 1 month later...

Where can I get a detail knowledge on these SID, arrival runway and STAR / TRANS) and IRS for terminology?, so that I know what I need to use for a flight plan, since creating a flight plan on MCDU is a bit complex at the moment, since I am not 100% confidence whether I made a perfect flight plan from Adelaide to Melbourne, that way, I understand why you told me (you should not align the IRS with the coordinates of Melbourne)

It would be awesome if there is a perfect tutorial for a Adelaide to Melbourne Flight Plan on MCDU somewhere on Google, but can't find one, so that I can create a Adelaide to Melbourne flight plan like real pilots

Kind Regards

Tharanga

Is there a particular website for me to get Airways after creating a Route from Adelaide to Melbourne?, so that I can try Step Climbs?, SEDAN is a SID from Adelaide to Melbourne, but on MCDU menu of Airbus X, there is only SEDAN9, is SEDAN the same as SEDAN9, or is it different?

Kind Regards

Tharanga

• Deputy Sheriffs

SEDAN is the first way point of your route. The SID is SEDAN9, which brings you from Rwy 05 to the SEDAN way point. I have only copyrighted Navigraph charts at the moment, which I don't want to post here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I moved this topic here as it is not about the AS Airbus systems anymore.

I would also suggest to post all non Airbus support relevant questions in the general part of this forum.

Thanks

Archived