Default Heathrow scenery after installing Heathrow Xtended

Eagle1024

Hi,

I have just installed Mega Heathrow Xtended version for FSX Steam Edition.

When starting from Heathrow it is still just showing the default Heathrow scenery.

When I check in the FSX scenery library there is no entry for Heathrow Xtended scenery library.

I have FTX Global and Europe installed but it does not make any difference which is applied.

FSX does not seem to be picking up the installed Heathrow Xtended libraries.

When starting FSX it does not do a scan of any library files.

During install process I have ensured FSX SE is the selected one to install for.

The installation settings show that the installer is looking for an FSX-SE folder for some files as in the screen shot below. However on my pc the folder in these locations is just called FSX (not FSX-SE).

Any ideas as to why FSX is not detecting the installed Heathrow Xtended scenery.

Thanks.

post-139874-0-78472000-1426428634_thumb.

post-139874-0-61415000-1426428637_thumb.

Hey guys. I see Heathrow X is not compatible yet with Steam. How did you install it? Are there any issues? Another thing. In Aerosoft shop it is not shows Heathrow X is compatible but in Simmarket is shows compatible and picture show same Aerosoft logo and everything looks same.

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

It did not install well. I might have messed up something. Do I have to install it on Steam same as as I would in FSX boxed version or there are some gotchas? Do I have to change anything during installation or change any files?

I have clean FSX:SE after Windows full reinstall.

Thx again

PS

What other mega sceneries are compatible with Steam? I have EDDF, ESSA, EHAM, LFPG, ENGM and LOWI

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue. The installation appears to have worked, but nothing is showing in the Scenery library, and there is no changes to the scenery.cfg file.

I have tried to use 'Add Area' in FSX SE, but when I navigate to the folder containing the 'new' Mega Heathrow scenery, nothing happens.

Any ideas please?

I currently have UK 2000 Manchester Extreme loaded in the scenery Library.

I am having the same issue. The installation appears to have worked, but nothing is showing in the Scenery library, and there is no changes to the scenery.cfg file.

I have tried to use 'Add Area' in FSX SE, but when I navigate to the folder containing the 'new' Mega Heathrow scenery, nothing happens.

Any ideas please?

I currently have UK 2000 Manchester Extreme loaded in the scenery Library.

Check this topic. May be you will find something useful. 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/93290-heathrow-extended/#comment-674824

Archived