ND display issue with FSX:Steam beta (g2610)

Athlonic

Hi,

Now that FSX:Steam beta (g2610) just went public, I guess I can report this here :

Aerosoft Airbus 318/319/320/321 : ND display is broken and won't lit up from a cold start, forcing it on by loading an "aircraft state" (where it should already be on) make it work but put the game on a crawl at 1-2 fps.

Cutting the power to switch ND off bring fps back to "normal" +30fps

Way to reproduce :

- update FSX Steam Edition to public beta as explained here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/617329505864354279/

Let me know if you need logs or anything more ;)

Best regards.

Hi,

With regards to the beta and the ND lagging the simulator to 0.1-0.5FPS, I was digging around the log files and found this in the AB_ND_GDI file from a test load-up of the aircraft with the open beta:

"22:39:43 : ERROR :Exception (2) caught in processTerrOnND."

This line was repeating once every 2 seconds until Simconnect was closed.

So I suppose that provides a hint if anyone's going to look into it.

EDIT: Actually, it alternates between the following 2 lines of code:

23:05:51 : ERROR :Exception (2) caught in processTerrOnND.
23:05:53 : ERROR :Exception (2) caught in doProcessWxRadar.

Maybe if you temporarily disabled the weather radar scan it would help by editing the AB_ND_GDI file...always make a backup... and inserting the entry..[WXRADAR] WXBackgroundscan=0 this effectively stop the scanning.

This is done of course at your own risk and is not a solution and I do not endorse it but may help in the short term but of course will stop the weather radar.

Other wise the best option is just to start the Aircraft from turn around state for the time being until such time as a solution is forthcoming.

Best

Maybe if you temporarily disabled the weather radar scan it would help by editing the AB_ND_GDI file...always make a backup... and inserting the entry..[WXRADAR] WXBackgroundscan=0 this effectively stop the scanning.

This is done of course at your own risk and is not a solution and I do not endorse it but may help in the short term but of course will stop the weather radar.

Other wise the best option is just to start the Aircraft from turn around state for the time being until such time as a solution is forthcoming.

Best

Right, so that's for the weather radar. What about the TerrOnND thing that's happening in parallel?

EDIT: And additionally, the problem still persists even with loading the aircraft from a turnaround state (which is what I have set by default). The only way to get around the issue without disabling the TerrOnND and WxRadar is to totally turn the aircraft off (no external power, no running engines, no APU power, no battery, just....nothing)

Archived