thanks to the guys at aerosoft

beech18driver

To the staff at Aerosoft,

I just wanted to say thanks for putting together the Beech 18 package for FS2004. I am the one and only pilot for Phoenix Air Transport and I fly N103AF about 5-6 nights a week. For those interested N103AF and I operate out of Phoenix Deer Valley airport (KDVT) and fly a nightly route going to Albuquerque (KABQ) and then to El Paso (KELP) and back to Deer Valley delivering newspaper (The New York Times). The trip usually takes about 5.5 hours on the Hobbs meter departing at about 11 p.m. and getting home at around 6 a.m. I have just over a thousand hours in N103AF and it is a fine ship with an impecable reliability record. I consider it a real honor that you selected 3AF to be included in your package. Thank you for your hard work and for giving me the opportunity to fly my plane from home.

Regards,

James

P.S.-- Attached is a photo of me in N103AF

• Aerosoft
To the staff at Aerosoft,

I just wanted to say thanks for putting together the Beech 18 package for FS2004. I am the one and only pilot for Phoenix Air Transport and I fly N103AF about 5-6 nights a week. For those interested N103AF and I operate out of Phoenix Deer Valley airport (KDVT) and fly a nightly route going to Albuquerque (KABQ) and then to El Paso (KELP) and back to Deer Valley delivering newspaper (The New York Times). The trip usually takes about 5.5 hours on the Hobbs meter departing at about 11 p.m. and getting home at around 6 a.m. I have just over a thousand hours in N103AF and it is a fine ship with an impecable reliability record. I consider it a real honor that you selected 3AF to be included in your package. Thank you for your hard work and for giving me the opportunity to fly my plane from home.

Regards,

James

P.S.-- Attached is a photo of me in N103AF

What a nice post! When we are close to the FSx update I would like you to look it over sir, perhaps it would be a nice idea to get your daily flight into an assignment. Our customers always love to know how the real aircrafts are used.

I would be more than happy to help out anyway I can. There are a couple of more routes I do every now and again as well. One goes from Phoenix Deer Valley to Long Beach, CA (KLGB) then North Las Vegas (KVGT) then back to Phoenix. The other is Phoenix to Long Beach to North Las Vegas to Salt Lake City (KSLC) and back to Phoenix, this is the longest one I do as it usually results in about 8.3 hours on the Hobbs meter. A long time to be sitting between two radial engines with no autopilot. All occur at night usually arriving back home around sunrise. The cargo weight usually varies between 1600 and 2500lbs depending on what day of the week it is.

As far as it being lonely.....its really not so bad. About 60% of the time a have a friend riding along with me who just wants the opportunity to ride along in a Beech 18 all night. When i'm alone its ok too. There are things that don't come through when you do the trip on the simulator. Things like the view, the lights of towns slowly rolling by under the wings, the light blue flames bellowing out of the short exhaust pipes, looking up at the stars. I know it sounds cheesy....but its those little things that make it really enjoyable. Just like anything else in life....it what you make of it.

Its not always a great time. Nights when it is more work than fun. Heavy turbulance, going through ice when you can't get below it because of terrain and can't go high enough to get above it, thunderstorms, rain, low ceilings. But its all part of the job and its all what you make of it.