PFPX keeps dropping first waypoint from OFP

Hi,

In the latest version when I make a plan that includes the VOR located near the departure airport, this keeps getting dropped from the plan and is not in the OFP.

However this is one of the most important waypoints to reference during the departure procedure, and we need to enter this waypoint in the FMS in order to take the airway.

Two examples:
YBBN to YMML the route would include YBBN BN <others> ML YMML.

It keeps the ML near the destination airport, but drops the BN out.

It's not specific to this airport, if you reverse the route, YMML ML <others> BN YBBN it will keep the BN this time but will still drop the departure first waypoint ML.

Is this a bug and can it be fixed?

We need to have the first waypoint VOR frequency and magnetic track in the plan on the OFP. This information is in the route editor screen, it just gets dropped on the OFP.

Also is there any workaround or way to force it to stay (besides writing it manually with a pen :))?

Many thanks

Hello Dan,

From YBBN to YMML you have to use SIDs and STARs.

In this case it is either radar vectoring to LAV or a LAV3 Departure.

In the LAV3 DEP Rwy01 I agree that your 1st WP is BN but as it is only 1/2 Nm from the end of the Rwy there is no point in having it on the OFP.

In fact when you are following a SID you do not check on the OFP the different WP of the SID. The first important WP would be LAV where you would enter the ATO and fuel on board or even ISKIM if you are very busy during the climb.

Same would apply at YMML with a NONIX departure.

Do not forget that the OFP is only a tool to plan your flights.

Regards,

JP

Hi,

There is obviously now a bug in the OFP. I can confirm. Check with the following route between LOWW and LGTS:

SASAL DCT BABIT DCT RAXAD UN140 TALAS UN130 ALIKO

BABIT is omitted in the OFP. If you look at the waypoints in the route editor, it's included. It's also missing, if you send the flightplan to SkyVector.

I use the latest version of PFPX under WIN 7-64.

Rgds

Reinhard

Hi JP

It's not about the departure procedure, but it's about the plan.

After the sid what if I have to fly an outbound radial?

Also on the sid if I need to fly a radial.

I need to know the VOR and frequency but it has been omitted from the OFP.

G'day DanW,

I have also found this frustrating (as SID/STAR is not included during planning is AUS).

The workaround I use is to delete or zero the 'circuit out dist' box. If you want to plan additional circuit fuel you can either add 'circuit in' miles or use the 'extra fuel' box.

Cheers,

Ben L

Archived