Adding "Circuit Out Dist" results in SID / route waypoints deleted

Hello. I hadn't used PFPX for a long time; last version I had used before 1.18.2 was 1.16. Today, when trying to plan a flight I saw something rather odd: whenever I plan a flight from Bogota, Colombia (SKBO) to my hometown (SKCL), for example (which is the case here), on the Route section I always add 15NM for Circuit Out Dist, which gives me approximately 2 extra minutes for the departure when the flight is computed. This is because SID KAMI9A (for runways 13L/R) requires, after takeoff, to fly runway heading until KULMO, then intercept radial 101 to SOA VOR. There's also a speed limitation of 185kts until completing the radial interception turn. When departing from runways 31L/R, the same 185kts restriction applies. The procedures I just mentioned can be seen and understood better in the screenshots I will attach.

Since PFPX assumes that the plane will fly a straight line from KULMO to SOA without taking into account the radial interception—which makes the turn wider—and also ignores the speed restriction for that turn, plane will always overfly SOA later than planned, which will generate a discrepance for all the forthcoming waypoints. To counter this, I add the extra 15NM (translated as 2 minutes), and that makes the calculations more accurate.

However, last night and today, when computing the flight once the 15NM were added, the OFP shows something strange that did NOT happen in 1.16 or earlier: On the map all waypoints are displayed, but on the OFP the route is modified: the first waypoint is ommited, the second one is present, and then the last one in the SID (third one in the normal route) is also ommited. ATC route is also modified, resulting in SID name not being displayed. Instead, it shows the second SID waypoint as the first one, since the third waypoint is also ommited, the second one is shown connected to an airway that actually starts from the third (missing) waypoint, which makes the route incorrect. I'll attach some screenshots to illustrate better the described scenario:

KAMI9A SID (runways 13L/R):

post-69560-0-94873700-1421725191_thumb.j

KAMI3B SID (runways 31L/R):

post-69560-0-51245700-1421725267_thumb.j

PFPX Plan window (15NM Circuit Out Dist added):

post-69560-0-74272400-1421725335_thumb.j

OFP & Map (no Circuit Out Dist added, everything is fine):

post-69560-0-22491300-1421725811_thumb.j

OFP & Map (Circuit Out Dist added, waypoints missing):

post-69560-0-33418900-1421725788_thumb.j

I hope that can be clear. Just for testing, I modified the Circuit Out Dist to 50NM, and after computing, two more waypoints were deleted. There's most likely something wrong, since this did not happen in early versions. According to what I read Circuit Out Dist and Circuit In Dist are supposed to be used when one estimates a longer than usual flight due to an extra / not PFPX-wise programmed maneuver and they should only increase the distance to be flown, and therefore, flight time. Waypoints should not be deleted (and in this case they're deleted randomly and not in a sucessive order). Hope you can help me out with this guys!

Regards.

Hello Jonas. I just tried with 1.19 (via update, did not download the full installer), and the problem is still persisting. At first it was working properly. All waypoints were included after the 15NM Circuit Out Dist was added, (tried with KAMI9A [runways 13L/R]), but then all of a sudden the issue I described above started to happen again. It's totally random. Some times it will delete the waypoints the same way it did in the screenshots I attached in my initial post. Some others it only deletes one.

I click Compute several times, same result. Then I try switching runways and it calculates correctly the first time for the new runway. When I switch back to the runway I was having the issue with, some times it calculates correctly, some others it deletes the waypoints again. Could you please check what might be causing this? Let me know if you need any additional information in order to reproduce the issue.

Regards.

Archived