Hi all!

Last friday i started getting "fatal error has occured" when i flied, followed by the same message everytime i clicked on any menu when i started fsx. After 3 reinstalls it still didn´t work, however after the reinstalls it just CTD when i press on a menu tab without the fatal error message. I hadn´t installed any new sceneries or planes, it just stopped working over night. I searched the internet with little luck. No spot on similar problems or fixes. I did however get it working when i check compatibility for windows 7 in the shortcut, but now i get worse performance with the same scenery,plane and settings as i had before the reinstalls, and the sounds are bugging to. My friend started getting the fatal error message over the same night (we don´t have similar addons and such) his copy starts working if he set compatibility for windows 7 to. He didn´t reinstall though.

Anyone else experienced this? cause i havent had it before. And could it be linked to something the computer updated without knowledge of us due to the fact it happend for 2 people over the same night?

Its strange it works with compatibility for windows 7 when we run windows 7. Shouldn´t it work without that box ticked.

Go into Windows Error Reporting and copy/paste the error message here exactly as it appears.

1) Click Start
2) Type Event Viewer into the Search Box
3) Click Windows Logs then Application
4) Find the associated error

Should look something like this. You just have to find the error in question.

Untitled.png

This is the earliest i found. however since i use a swedish version its in swedish, but perhaps you can understand it anyway

Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0, tidsstämpel 0x46fadb14

, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: ntdll.dll, version 6.1.7601.18247, tidsstämpel 0x521ea8e7
Undantagskod: 0xc0000005
Felförskjutning: 0x00038e19
Process-ID: 0x15f4
Programmets starttid: 0x01d0366b97b4ec88
Sökväg till program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Sökväg till modul: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Rapport-ID: e44cb73d-a25e-11e4-8047-14dae90625b6
i got this after the first reinstall but only once
Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: fsx.exe, version 10.0.61637.0, tidsstämpel 0x46fadb14
, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: uiautomationcore.dll, version 7.0.0.0, tidsstämpel 0x4a5bdb1d
Felförskjutning: 0x0000e52a
Process-ID: 0x1960
Programmets starttid: 0x01d0366c1ab0f675
Sökväg till program: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Sökväg till modul: C:\Windows\system32\uiautomationcore.dll
Rapport-ID: 6966e871-a266-11e4-8047-14dae90625b6
after reinstall the day after i got this (stock fsx)
, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: unknown, version 0.0.0.0, tidsstämpel 0x00000000
Felförskjutning: 0x00000000
Process-ID: 0x18b8
Programmets starttid: 0x01d03736e7eaa9c4
Sökväg till modul: unknown
Rapport-ID: 5b5c4a41-a32a-11e4-bb35-14dae90625b6

You're getting the same Exception Code everytime. Are you running FSUIPC? If not, DL and install it. The ntdll.dll fault is system related. Which means you're running out of memory. Also, do you have the uiautomationcore.dll in the main FSX dir?

Post your system specs.

Fsuipc downloaded and installed now, it was installed during those first errors though but not now. Is the memory issue related to ram memory, or the fsx memory issue? I have the highmemfix enabled in fsx.cfg.

Should i use the uiautomationcore from x86 or x64 directory or dosen´t it matter?

You need to download that dll (if you don't have it) and drop it into the main FSX directory. However, I wouldn't suggest getting it from one of the numerous dll sites that offer those types of downloads. They're typically loaded with a virus or TR-Rootkit. There are several versions out there for differing sys', so you might have to dig deep to find the right one.

This is one option. That said, if it ruins your PC, don't come complaining to me that I killed your Rig. You've been warned - http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/3516-fsx-and-windows-7-in-64-bits-needs-uiautomationcoredll-to-stop-crashing/

Ok thanks! i just wonder, is the uiauto file from that forum post different from the ones in windows system map? i got one in both system32 and syswow64

If you already have either, then copy/paste one at a time, test FSX and see if that fixes your issues.

Ok, i have copied one of them and i can start fsx without any compatibility set. and it have worked ok so far. Hope it will stay this way.

Thanks so much for the help :)

If it work I advise you edit your privius post so we can´t se your system specs. There is 1 reason I say this, and is why I am agains posting that info as it can be importan informations for hackers, to attack your pc.. I know they can ask your router aswell if they track you but lets start by the obvius way to prevent it.. itś not fun to be a target for sure, as they keep tracking you thats not nice.. but I know it can be importan to se that data for developers but just a freindly advise..

Best regards L.N.

Archived