Auto Throttle not holding speed

nicnacjak

I have the A319/a318 and they work fine (aside from the fact that I am new to this Airbus thing and have a lot of what's it doing now moments) I just got the A320 and the throttle both auto and man even at full power won't hold the desired airspeed and I am talking TOGA power. Any ideas? I'll post a video if need be

I've been thumbing through the manuals to try and self diagnose...No luck so far and, like I said the A319 firm you guys works just dandy and The Extended worked well too. So I don't think it's me flying the plane wrong I'll link to a video.

I've been noticing similar problems, so what I walked through the step-by-step flight with the A319-IAE. Since I turned on the autopilot late in the flight, I could not observe climb characteristics below 10000 feet, however my usual observation is that with AP on and thrust lever in CLB, the aircraft's pitch during early climb is slightly higher than the flight director, and the aircraft gradually slows in the climb. Manual corrections are sometimes required to prevent me from losing too much speed. Indeed, during the SBS flight, the speed maintained during the later stages of the climb was around 5 knots below the speed commanded by the FMS.

Also, I'm going to reiterate the "swinging thrust problem". The engines are definitely sluggish to respond to new commands, and the autothrottle overcompensates as a result. I see speed fluctuations of up to 5 knots when maintaining 4000 feet and 230 knots commanded i.e. while riding the D-27 arc. The speed eventually stabilizes after a few minutes, however keep in mind that I am using the "Fair Weather" theme in FSX (wind 338/5 at 4000). I normally use ActiveSky NEXT which does not always have such nice winds.

After activating APPR phase, the speed dropped rapidly towards V_APP. Since part of the test involved remaining in MANAGED mode throughout the flight, I had to extend my flaps and gear way ahead of schedule. During the turn towards CI04L, the aircraft's speed fell below VAPP and the altitude dropped by 400 feet. Again, the thrust destabilized. And then I captured the localizer and glide slope. At this stage there was no hope for the autothrottle to restabilize the thrust and speed, so I disengaged both the autopilot and the autothrottle, and competed the approach manually.

Another note to mention - the manual says that 35% N1 is enough to get the aircraft rolling, however I'm noticing acceleration at idle thrust (25% N1).

This was also my first flight in this bus with checklists turned on. Remind me to get my copilot some coughdrops. :P

Archived