RIO DDD frozen

dc10boy

Hi all, I've experienced several instances of the DDD freezing in the RIO cockpit. the scan bar remains stationary in all radar modes and the display is illuminated. the TID works normally.Anybody else seeing this?

Stan

Hi all, I've experienced several instances of the DDD freezing in the RIO cockpit. the scan bar remains stationary in all radar modes and the display is illuminated. the TID works normally.Anybody else seeing this?

Stan

I am seeing this also...trying to narrow down if it is specific liveries or what.

What versions of FSX are you running and is this with or without TacPack?

I stared at the DDD over and over during this update when editing the materials, so it should (fingers crossed), not be a flat gauge issue. I just a round of testing in a clean install of FSX Gold + TacPack and ran back to back radar intercepts using PD Search->TWS Auto->STT and didn't see any frozen displays in the front or back seat.

One thing that might be an issue. CAB files (the type of gauge archive that is used store the visual system) can be corrupted if they are overwritten, and it's instead best to first delete the old and then replace with the new. I'm wondering if a clean install of the F-14 would help.

Archived