A320 CFM rate of climb after HF1.21c

Mladen

Hi!

A320 CFM v1.21c, TOW=65T, OPT FL=370, MAX FL=390, temperature above FL300 is ISA+0*C, crosswind 25kt

Rate of climb upto FL280 seams normal.

After passing FL280 RoC drops to 900 fpm

After passing FL300 RoC drops to 700 fpm

Above FL330 plane strugles to maintain 300 fpm

Time to reach FL370 over 35 min. With previous versions time to reach FL370 was less then 25 min.

Mladen

In other versions I remember in a step climb for example we're on FL240 then start to FL390, the climb rate increases too quickly like F16 and at least 5000 fpm VS.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Never said I was. I just could not make out a bad or good notion in your post. I myself am not in the loop with the last three HF's so I can not comment on those.

Just for the sake of conversation, what numbers would you find realistic?

As general statement, I would expect the ROC to be in excess of 300 FPM (actually, 500 FPM) until reaching the service ceiling, assuming standard climb profile.

Time to reach FL370 at that TOW should be some 22-23 minutes (FCOM 3, In Flight Performance).

As general statement, I would expect the ROC to be in excess of 300 FPM (actually, 500 FPM) until reaching the service ceiling, assuming standard climb profile.

Time to reach FL370 at that TOW should be some 22-23 minutes (FCOM 3, In Flight Performance).

Thank you Skyrideruk. Those are the numbers I was getting before HF1.21c

Archived