This program is amazing! Thank you for developing it.

s001nhp

Hello,

I am new around here. I've been a big Tomcat fan for a long time (around 25 years from what I can recall). I've also really enjoyed flight sims in the past, but haven't used one since roughly 2003.

My interest in the Tomcat started early, my dad was a navy contractor in the 1980s, and it took very little exposure to become infatuated with the machine. Especially after seeing them fly and static at Airshows.

Since then, I've been hoping for that insight into what they were like to fly. I've gobbled up books on the topic, but have always hoped for a good study sim for the F-14. Of course, it's a tough airplane for a sim to model well. Two place airplane, the F-14A had engines that added much to the planes personality, but would be hard to capture in digital form (so I thought), and handling that would keep most casual sim-ers away. I tried out several other study-ish sims from the mid-late 1990s, such as the F/A-18 series and Jane's F-15E - stand alone combat products. Good stuff, but always wanted to try the F-14, especially the F-14A.

I came across this product on a random google search and it compelled me to buy a new PC, Thrustmaster Warthog, FSUIPC, and P3D v2.4. It turns out that it was totally worth it!

I have been BLOWN AWAY by the comprehensive nature of this product. From everything I have read, it truly captures the experience of flying the F-14. It's amazing and very immersive.

Every part of the flight is challenging and so much fun. I'm still working hard on basic field landings, just trying to stay on-speed and on-heading at 15 units of Alpha - takes a lot of work!

Mid-air refueling - going to be a while, but it's great fun learining how.

And the airplane oozes personality and is VERY fast. You really captured the TF30s quirks! Tons of power down low, especially in zone 5, lot less power in military above 25,000 feet, and the need for careful handling. It seems shockingly real and I can't believe that someone finally made this sim.

Also, the visual model is BEAUTIFUL and absolutely true to form. LOVE IT.

Many on this forum have made repaints that are amazing and really add to the experience.

Particularly Hanimichal and DagR have made some amazing repaints that really capture the fleet Tomcat look. I can't beleive it's not real during some views. I hope you too keep at it and add more. They are beautiful!

In summary, this program totally exceeded my expectations and I had very high hopes when I signed on.

Thank you again to Aerosoft for putting this together and to the Repainters for all of the updates.

Best,

Nick

You found the best f14 payware. Invite you to Google vrs f/a18 and you'll find the ultimate fighter model in fsx.

I've heard about it and looking forward to the P3D version due out in February. Plus, anxious to try the P3D Tacpack and expand the F-14s capability.

Glad to see their are lots of great things to try out!

-Nick

Thanks for the kind words Nick, they are very much appreciated. I hope you continue to enjoy the F-14 for many hours to come.

I also echo what DFW said that the VRS F/A-18 is the gold standard for a Military jet in FSX/P3D.

Archived