Wrong IAS indication during climb

RALF9636

Hi,

I experienced this several times now (not on every flight but quite often). It happened before and after the 1.21b fix and both with the A319 and the A320.

During climb somewhere between FL200 and FL300 the IAS indication shows values that are way too high. The Mach indication still is correct. And the IAS of more than 500 kts is not regarded as overspeed.

By incident I found out that after a scenery refresh the indication is correct again. This never happened during cruise or descent, always during climb.

I attached two screenshots showing the incorrect IAS indication after reaching the TOC and the correct indication after a scenery refresh.

My first thoughts were that some atmospherical parameters are not depicted correctly by the weather engine I use (Active Sky Next). But both screenshots show correct outside air temperature indications. And the pressure must also be correct, otherwise the altimeter would show incorrect values also.

So I assume this is a bug in the Airbus.

Could you please help.

Regards

Ralf

post-118728-0-35280000-1421072805_thumb.

post-118728-0-35134600-1421072810_thumb.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Definitely not a bug in the Airbus. Something like that has never been observed or reported before. Seems to be a local issue. So please do the following:

- uninstall the Airbus, remove any remaining folders

- reboot your PC, make a fresh install as Administrator

- if the problem still exists:

- run FSX and the Airbus without any addons like FSUIPC, weather addon and other addons like Accufeel, influencing the flightdynamcis.

A clean new install and disabling all addons did not help.

But I found out when this issue occurs and when it does not:

The issue only occurs when I initially start P3D with a default situation with the Airbus as aircraft. In this case the IAS indication is wrong from the moment of takeoff. The IAS indication on the PFD is higher than the TAS indication on the ND (whereas it should be vice versa of course). It becomes more obvious the higher I climb.

When I start P3D with another aircraft and load the Airbus later, everything is fine. Also when I start P3D with a default situation with the Airbus as aircraft and refresh the scenery (or change the time/season or graphics settings) afterwards, it works ok.

I can easily reproduce this issue: Climb (or slew) to about FL 300. Check IAS is lower than TAS as it should be. Exit P3D. Restart P3D with the "previous flight" as default situation. IAS is higher than TAS now. Refresh the scenery. IAS is lower than TAS again.

Can you also reproduce this?

Thanks

Ralf

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile I found that I'm having this issue with other aircraft too. No idea what causes this but I can solve it by reloading the scenery.

Sorry for blaming the Airbus!

Ralf

Archived