Steam FSX, cannot addon carrier as scenery

JonnyCombat

I've had no end of issues with this aircraft.

Okay, so I've got the CV 63 carrier now appearing, but the key presses in the tutorial do not work. No response to the kneeling command, cannot hook up to the launch bar, and the meatball is not present.

Any ideas? I've reinstalled fsx twice, and the problem persists (I've run the simconnect correctly, and followed all the advised steps).

That's strange, I don't think I've heard that problem before. What happens if you try to run through the checklist as run through Flap, Sweep, and Spoiler functions?

The checklist doesn't respond. Trying to make the aircraft kneel goes decidedly wonky (it attempts it and then resets to full extension). Multiple rapid button presses of Shift+W make it kneel, but it just wont hook up to the launch bar.

edit- I can connect to the launch bar via Shift+i, but it still wont let me launch. No response to shift+space. Very odd as the stock hornet, and dino's F14D launch fine.

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same issue where i can not lunch the jet from the deck and the carrier had to be added manually as in the previous post. Furthermore; i am having problems accelerating the jet past mach 1 under FSX SE. these issues did not exist in the version 1.0. To upgrade from the previous version i have completely uninstalled the tomcat and re-installed the new version, the only difference was the the installler presented me with the Steam Edition and before i have chosen the Acceleration Edition... i only have FSX SE on freshly installed windows 7

That sounds like the SimConnect gauges are not working, I think.

It sounds like both of you have followed the advise here and installed the SimConnect libraries?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/90105-f-14x-and-fsx-steam/

Have both of you also installed the correct MSVC Redist?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

All my issues were resolved after i have uninstalled and re-installed it but this time choosing Acceleration Edition instead of a Steam Edition (I only have steam edition installed)... Everything works as advertised now... thanks for nothing :(

Archived