[FMS] Selecting approach while flying

Martijnn

Hey all,

I am flying from EHRD to LPFR (Faro Portugal)

I noticed while on the ground I could select a runway approach but I only set up the Departure straight to LPFR. Now while flying I want to input an arrival for LPFR but when I click in the FMS at the F-PLN page on LPFR before - END OF F-PLN - It says I must insert a new waypoint.

But when I was on the ground at EHRD I got another menu to select runways with their approach,

Does anybody know how to select an arrival while in the air?

Thanks for all your help guys.

I just figured it out myself by the "DIR" button setting it again directly to LPFR, which gave me the option to select an approach.

I have just one question, can I see the approach waypoint on the MFD when it's too far away from the current position (radar) ?

I'm not sure I understand what exactly your problem is now?

The procedure you describe is definatly not correct. Have you had a look into the Step By Step guide already? The manuals really explain how to do things in the Airbus.

And the Step by Step guide is the best and only way to learn how to fly it properly. Best you'll learn it with the manual, in order not to adapt to wrong procedures!

Archived