Can I now install the Jayhawk into FSX

slipstream

• Aerosoft
Oh, the only reason I ask is that I already have my copy installed and running fine, but really want the Jayhawk installed.

Any ideas on dates?

I can't get you dates on the full FSx updates (they will however contain a lot more then just a working helicopter), but the Jayhawk should work fine in FSx, the last version sold online had a few fixes for FSx already included.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, been away for a while. Just wondering if anyone has tried and tested the Jayhawk on FSX yet? Also, can I confirm that the sound folders for individual aircraft in FSX is the same? i/e they still use .wav files.

Thanks. Keith

Is the download version now ready to install directly into fsx?

I cannot find any threads on this topic anywhere.

Many thanks.

If you wake up and read my original message you will see that my query relates to DOWNLOADING and installing the Jayhawk from this website, and not simply copying it across.

If you wake up and read my original message you will see that my query relates to DOWNLOADING and installing the Jayhawk from this website, and not simply copying it across.

Well... you took it in a friendly way, didn't you?

FOr those eager to get the Jay in FSX and don't bother with not having some features, try out the "dirty" update.

If you wish for full features you'll need to wait!

And I think you'll notice that, since aeroSOFT tends to ANNOUNCE the releases even for those that have been away for some time. :)

Has anyone downloaded the Jayhawk from this website into FSX yet? All I have had so far is "it should work".

I am not copying over from FS9 as I do not have fs9 on my new rig. I want to re-purchase it and download it. I really need to know if it will work or not.

Thanks.

Has anyone downloaded the Jayhawk from this website into FSX yet? All I have had so far is "it should work".

I am not copying over from FS9 as I do not have fs9 on my new rig. I want to re-purchase it and download it. I really need to know if it will work or not.

Thanks.

Just run the installer and point it to a temp folder, then copy the files over to FSX as outlined in the intructions here.

• Aerosoft

Just run the installer and point it to a temp folder, then copy the files over to FSX as outlined in the intructions here.

Ahhh, but you got to have a files called FS9.exe in that temop folder. Any file will do as long as it is called that. Just rename a txt file.

I probably went the long way around but I installed fs9 on my laptop and ran the installer from my aerosoft account, and then copied the folders onto my mem stick and across to my desktop.

All is working well, other than she does not seem to have as much lift (torque) in fsx. I have annoying warning callouts from some geek who is slowly doing my head in, and the hook retractor message is back.

But otherwise awesome, especially on my Triple Head 2 Go, 3 19" monitors.

Thanks.