Aerosoft Manhattan & UT-USA + QLRP4UT

Rusty flyer

Hello,

I just downloaded & installed Aerosoft's Manhattan package (including 1.11 update). It's simply terrific!

I had recently installed Ultimate Terrain USA as well as the QLRP4UT utility to reposition (properly position!) default FS2004 misplaced objects. As part of the QLRP4UT installation, I utilized the Ultimate Terrain Configuration Utility to disable all the incorrectly placed default FS2004 objects (i.e.: I "checked-off" the 3 appropriate line items' boxes). Finally, as directed by the instructions accompanying QLRP4UT, I utilized QLRP4UT's configuration tool to independantly/manually "Disable QLRP4UT- Manhattan" so that Aerosoft's scenery would prevail over QLRP4UT's newly re-positioned objects.

The one thing that I've noticed is that, although I now have Aerosoft's Liberty Island, the actual Statue of Liberty itself is now missing!

I suspect that the statue, unlike it's island location, was not included in Aerosoft's comprehensive gathering of objects. Therefore, as both default FS2004 objects and QLRP4UT's properly [re-]positioned Manhattan objects have been disengaged as instructed, the actual statue seems to be something that has fallen through the cracks and is now gone.

Any thoughts? Is this something that I should bounce off the UTUSA & QLRP4UT folks or is this an anomaly that you're acquainted with in conjunction with the UTUSA / QLRP4UT / Aerosoft Scenery Manhattan combination? Is there a file that you can email to me and which I can incorporate in the FS9 directories so that we can witness the triumphant return of "Lady Liberty?"

Thanks much- Russ

Hi Shaun,

Thanks very much. As you suggested, I pursued a solution via the UT & QLRP forum and...I was offered one. The solution involved downloading a freeware "ZIP" file incorporating the Statue of Liberty as a distinct & separate addon.

Next, with regard to the Aerosoft Manhattan download which I'm enjoying very much, I have two questions:

a) I always leave my aircraft realism settings such that the plane will indeed suffer damage from crashes into objects. Why, then, am I able to "fly through" certain objects such as the MetLife Building & the East River Drive Highway without suffering damage to the airplane, while at other times, when I fly into other objects such as The Empire State Building, the airplane indeed crashes and suffers [total] damage? 8)

B) The page containing the Aerosoft Manhattan description indicates that the download was to be a 100MB file resulting in a 200MB installation. However, the download I received was only approximately 59MB resulting in an installation only somewhate larger.

Is the download version a smaller, abbreviated version, and am I therefore to do without such referenced things as the Bell 206 repaint and "Limited Seasonal Textures," etc?

When do the seasonal textures become apparent, inasmuch as the base foundation for the 3D scenery seems to be 'photo-realistic.?