Similar Aileron left roll

DButler

Great aircraft guys to start with, thanks!!!

Issue is a snap roll to the left. Full right stick can slow the roll, but not stop it in most cases.

First thought it was something I did not have set properly, so checked and triple checked checklists.

Then thought a controller issue. went into device manager and had the calibration screen up on one monitor to see inputs. inputs all centered and intermittent rolls to the left.

This is happening at various speeds and AoA. I can look in external view and see the spoilers on the left wing in the full up position with the control input centered. A and B models. happens for about 5 to 10 seconds and goes back to normal flight. happens frequently.

Thanks for all the hard work guys!!!

DB

I've experienced that issue too and it happens only from the C&D startup, the right roll is immediate and the left roll appears just after deploying the speed brakes, changing the sweep mode from the VC rocker or after a random flight time. Observing the stick movements that issue seems related to changes in the aileron trim. The left roll is in conjunction with a continuous zooming in and out from VC and observer views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG8_oSI51mg

Win 7Pro, FSX+ACE, REX, VRS, I7-2600 8Gb GTX460, DX9 IE9.

Thanks for this great addon, I'm having so much fun!
Cheers.
Enrico

I confirm, left roll was caused by Hypoxia... My fault! :blush:

The right roll was caused by REX+OD SP3, somehow it took control of the axis, I noticed this during a slew mode... So it's not AS related!

Bye.

What's interesting though is the aircraft was on the ground and the spoilerons appeared to be imputing uncommand roll deflections. Even then immediately after take off the aircraft rolled left. What was the field elevation where you departed from? I don't believe the hypoxia effects would take effect until the aircraft was at least above 10,000 feet if not 12,500

The airport in the video is Istrana Mil. LIPS (near Aviano AFB LIPA), its level is 140ft so there's no hypoxia and as you can see the roll is to the right... I still have to figure out why REX is interacting with the axis, maybe something related to Java, .Net or too many modules loaded at the same time, I repeat: it's not an Aerosoft F-14X bug!

(Did my first 5 consecutive traps in bad weather conditions without cut passes... Yes!)

Archived