Problems I've ran across in P3D 2

peter197

Dear All,

Fantastic release, textures are beautiful and it is a well rounded package. However, there are some issues that P3D suffers against FSX.

First and foremost, the canopy is too dark compared to FSX and as a consequence is just slightly annoying. However P3D V2 really brings out the F-14 build quality.

Secondly, and this is a minor request. If you switch on TCS, the flight sim freezes and eventually crashes. I think for the sake of simplicity it should be removed out of the P3D build unless you can make the TCS in P3D. This also goes for if you press shift + 8, the TCS gauge crashes the sim.

Third, I configured DLC to Floats (Extend), or optionally pressed the button on the flight stick, but neither seems to engage DLC. FSX is fine, P3D just doesn't respond.

Thanks, that's all issues I can think of thus far,

Peter

Two more issues have cropped up. The first image is a bigger problem than the latter.

In the first picture, the throttle is placed at MIL thrust, however the fuel consumption is not correct. It should be noted that this ONLY occurs with the F-14B model, I think irrespective of P3D V2 or FSX.

The second image is a P3D V2 issue. I suppose this could happen in real life because of glare, however it gets confused and casts a shadow on itself, and I would have thought the glass would be anti glare. Although you can't see it in the image either, the fuel shutoff handle can go purple because of the lighting (?!). The only time both of these issues crop up is when the sun is behind the jet.

Hope this can help,

Peterpost-43516-0-19170700-1417860258_thumb.jpost-43516-0-22200700-1417860271_thumb.j

I think it is the gauge that is creating the issue however. I'll show why. I first noticed it on the oculus rift, but I can show it again. And then I'll show the fuel shut off pumps.

That said they are very specific angle relative to the lighting and shadowing.

Archived