Shiny/Glossy/Plastic looks of spinning CFM fan blade

Vesalius

I'm lost...

What makes the spinning fan blade looks so shiny/glossy (as if it was some piece of cheap Chinees plastic)?

I've excluded:

AS_A319_EXTELEVATOR_C

AS_A319_EXTELEVATOR_S

Fallback texture folders

and still it remains as a glossy object when the engine is running. Thus I conlude it is not a texture cause but rather an object/material setting for the spinning disc?

The object that is being called when the engine is not running (when you can see each individual blade+cone), does not have it.

Also, the spinning disc is also much brighter, and no way to get it dark as hell, because it also reflects the ambient/environment light.

The A320/321 does not have this shine/gloss at all and thus it looks a lot better/real.

Can I have some feedback/comments on this please from the development/modeller/texture artist?

Compare:

All the best,

Vital Vanbeginne

post-73806-0-28839600-1416574804_thumb.j

post-73806-0-98768800-1416574809_thumb.j

post-73806-0-82374300-1416574811_thumb.j

post-73806-0-31872600-1416574900_thumb.j

I'm lost...

What makes the spinning fan blade looks so shiny/glossy (as if it was some piece of cheap Chinees plastic)?

I've excluded:

AS_A319_EXTELEVATOR_C

AS_A319_EXTELEVATOR_S

Fallback texture folders

and still it remains as a glossy object when the engine is running. Thus I conlude it is not a texture cause but rather an object/material setting for the spinning disc?

The object that is being called when the engine is not running (when you can see each individual blade+cone), does not have it.

Also, the spinning disc is also much brighter, and no way to get it dark as hell, because it also reflects the ambient/environment light.

The A320/321 does not have this shine/gloss at all and thus it looks a lot better/real.

Can I have some feedback/comments on this please from the development/modeller/texture artist?

Compare:

All the best,

Vital Vanbeginne

Hi Vesalius!

There will be a model update the coming days that will fix the issue.

PS: Chinese products not must be low quality!

Herr Stefan,

Herzlichen dank für Ihre Antwort!

My appologies for mentioning the Chinees. I often write what I think, and do not see that others might dislike it.

It's great to hear that this will be looked at in the next update. Top!

All the best,

Vital

Archived