Using switches by joystick

a320-hossi

Hi,

I have been using the new A319 since a few days. I have this question about Switches at the Joystick. I always using one Switch to switch the autopilot

ON or Off. But with the A319 it works in one direction only. The Switch is able to Switch the Autopilot OFF only not ON. Is that normal?

Additionally to Olivers reply let me add that in the real Airbus you can only engage the Autopilot via the FCU button and NOT by pressing the sidesticks button.

We simulte this properly, so engaging the AP is only possible via the FCU.

Hi,

many thanks for your answer to my question. I think I understand that in the reality engaging the AP is

the button at the FCU. But is it real to switch the AP Off by a switch at the Joystick?

Yes, it simulates the "instinctive pushbutton" for quickly disengaging the AP when needed.

In the real plane, as mentioned by Emanuel, it can't be switched back on that way.

The reason you experienced toggling APs on and off with the same button in other planes is, because the default FSX autopilot system works that way. The Aerosoft Airbus autopilot is a heck more advanced (= custom-coded) than that.

Archived