Forum Maintenance Period (08/05/24) ×

Heathrow - Suggestions for Upcoming Patch

x_cessive

Hi Aerosoft Team

I suspect a patch to fix the AFCAD issue along with the missing perimeter fence on the south side of the airport, along with any other known bugs, is forthcoming in due course.

In the interim, I thought I'd highlight some potential additional fixes you may wish to consider, so that these can be rectified at the same time as the patch you'll no doubt deliver.

I live locally to Heathrow and therefore am a regular visitor, with the airport practically on my doorstep, hence I like to think I know it reasonably well. My suggestions are:

- I personally feel the Emirates mock up A380 at the 'Emirates roundabout' linking the M4 Spur road on the North side of the airfield, should be removed from the scenery, or an option added to remove depending on user preference. Whilst it is there in real life, in the scenery, it appears at ground level when taxiing on the northern taxiway, or operating out of 09L/27R. This is unrealistic, as in reality, as you know, the A380 mock up sits below ground level (below runway level), and is therefore not visible when operating out of the airport itself on Runway 09L/27R for example.

- The attached image showing the brown office building in the screenshot, was once somewhat of a landmark and an easily recognisable feature of the north eastern skyline of the airfield, especially around the 27R holding area. It used to be the old Barclays Bank office building, characterised by it's red brick design. This building has recently been demolished and is therefore no longer needed in the scenery.

- Whilst this is not a must, but a nice to have, I feel it's a shame the classic and arguably the most famous and easily recognisable landmark/feature of the northern skyline of the airfield perimeter - the Renaissance Hotel, has not been depicted in it's true form. The building is of rectangular shape in the scenery, however, in real life, it features a distinctive 'staggered' and layered cake design, see the attached screenshot of the hotel in the sim vs real life. Hate to compare developers, but Gary Summons has accurately depicted the building in his rendition of Heathrow.

Appreciate your thoughts.

post-92296-0-88636800-1416057078_thumb.j

post-92296-0-77607600-1416057450_thumb.j

post-92296-0-56523600-1416057595_thumb.j

I seem to experience a lot of lag and slide show stutters on very short final approach, more noticeable when landing on 09L.

I suspect it may be due to the T5 car park passenger transit system that runs across the approach lights?

I'm using FS9.

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to experience a lot of lag and slide show stutters on very short final approach, more noticeable when landing on 09L.

I suspect it may be due to the T5 car park passenger transit system that runs across the approach lights?

I'm using FS9.

im also using fs9. at all airports, i get waaaay better fps at night than i do during the day (especialy at latinvfr's miami v2). aerosofts Amsterdam and Munich are the most fps friendly sceneries i have ever used. i get smooth fps at 100% AI and even with a complex aircraft. but the fps at heathrow are quite slow (8-10fps)

Archived