WXR in sp2

PinkJackal

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why would you want to switch the WXR background scan on and disable it from the panel again?

The other way around is implemented: disable WXR background scan normally. but get it enabled by switching WXR on from the panel.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86844-change-weather-scanning-options-solved/

You did not understand my question:

I want to have the wxr radar but I want to disable the sweeping effect as this is eating fps, this is what I understand from the posts, I've read them all!

By sweeping I'm referring at WXR scan, or is not the same thing???

I run the bus with 30FPS when wxr is off, as soon as it's on I loose 5fps!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you want WXR you also need the background sweep. From where else should it get it's data to display?

With the option to disable the background scan globally you have exactly what you need: if you don't switch the WXR on from the panel you will have zero fps impact. Only if you enable it you will have the fps impact. Once you switch it off from the panel again the background sweep will also be off again.

I understand what you are saying, but you don't understand me, I don't know how to explain this as I'm not a native english speaker.

OK! What I want is, get rid of all the effects like the beam sweeping from left to right, but still scan for weather,I don't know how,but it must be a way around this, for instance in PMDG 777 I get no FPS loss if WXR is ON, I get 30fps with wxr off and 30 fps with WXR ON!

What I have discovered is if I get bad FPS with WXR on, I have to press ALT+Enter to exit full screen than again ALT+Enter for full screen and FPS are back to normal with WXR on, 30 FPS, so it's something there hidden that is not found by the dev's !

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, I do understand you :-)

The technology behind the AS WXR and the PMDG WXR is a totally different one.

Aerosoft scans the weather within FSX/P3D, while PMDG directlyi nterfaces into Active Sky Next to get all needed weather information from there (without the need to scan the weather witihn FSX/P3D).

The advantage of the PMDG way is, that is doesn't cost any FPS. The disadvantage is, that it only works with Active Sky Next, no other weather tool.

The advantage if the Aerosoft way is, that it works with EVERY weather tool, incl. the build in weather of FSX/P3D. The disadvantage is, that the weather scan within FSX/P3D costs FPS.

There are many machines out there without having such a dramatic impact on the FPS in combination with ASN.

Are you in ASN release or ASN SP1?

• Aerosoft

I want to have the wxr radar but I want to disable the sweeping effect as this is eating fps, this is what I understand from the posts, I've read them all!

I think you have not fully understood the posts you read. The sweeping effect should have no impact what so ever, it is the calculations behind the WX that cause the problems on a few machines. This is all discussed in detail in the Diverse sectiom

Archived