A318/319 Airspeed appears to be True airspeed - not Indicated

ghollett

Hi,

Since installing V1.10 and the subsequent hotfixes, it seems that the Airbus speed is based on true airspeed, not indicated. This creates very steep climbs and low ground speed, or if I set an airspeed high to compensate, it creates an overspeed warning.

I have ensured that airspeed is set to Indicated in the general simulator options, and have also tested it with other aircraft, including the Airbus A320/321 Extended. Other aircraft work perfectly and are clearly using indicated airspeed. I have checked all config files looking for any evidence of a setting set to true airspeed, but have not been able to find anything. Screenshot attached.

Any thoughts?

post-112333-0-25120700-1414351072_thumb.

Thanks

Grant

Since no other aircraft have this issue and since this is the first case I've read of here I would suggest that you completely uninstall and re-install with the latest update(s).

DJ

I'm pretty sure this is what is happenng to me the last couple weeks with both the Aerosoft A318/A319 and Aerosoft A320 extended. I just asked about this on the forum yesterday. I've finally found someone else with my problem! I have tried re installing it and it didn't work/

I also again had this problem tonight. I posted the problem/photo in a different thread named "Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 and A320 Extended Problems" under Aerosoft Airbus X Extended -> Airbus General. This problem is very annoying, and a fix would be greatly appreciated. Aerosoft's airbuses are great aircraft and they really are very well detailed and I thank them for their work, but it's very hard to fly right now with this issue.

Thanks, Mathis.

Ghollett, do you have Active Sky SP1? I think that may be causing it. They just released SP1B so it might resolve the issue. I will keep everyone updated on situation after trying the new service pack

First flight with ASN SP1B worked well, but will test a couple more flights tomorrow night to make sure it is the new SP that caused this issue to stop. I hope that the SP fixes it, and again I'll say that the Aerosoft Airbuses are amazing. Really great work by Aerosoft on the new A318/A319 and I can't wait for my pre-ordered A320/A321 to come out! Only thing that has been holding me back the last few weeks has been this issue, but I hope this resolves it.

Thanks again,

Max

Thanks everyone! This is hopeful. I do use ASN and will update the software. I did remove the aircraft and re-installed the first version which worked fine wrt this issue. I will now un-install and update to the latest A319 version AND update ASN and report back.

Cheers

Grant

I just completed re-installing the latest version of A318/319 and updated ASN to SP1B and completed a test flight. Seems to be working well and the plane is tracking indicated airspeed! Updating ASN appears to have fixed the issue.

Thanks again.

Grant

Archived