Can this monitor be justified at this price for FSX

I have seen this monitor which sounds very good.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/monitors/design/LU28D590DS/XU

However my dilemma is that even if my graphics card could support this monitor would this make any difference to FSX. Might my computer struggle to support frame rates on this monitor .

This is the specification of my computer which seems to run FSX well with my current Dell monitor which is several years old. I was interested in this monitor as it is larger at 28 inches and it will run very high resolution.

Alienware 17 Base

N00AW716
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4910MQ processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1GHz) 17.3 inch (439.42 mm) 120Hz WLED FHD (1920 x 1080) TrueLife w/3D Bundle
Setup Instructions English
English Shipping Docs
Alienware 17 Anodized Aluminum - 3D
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
256GB mSATA SSD Boot + 1TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s- NV
Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (9.5mm)
Power DVD 9.6, 3D,V2
240W AC Adapter
8-cell Lithium Ion (86 wHr) Battery
UK 250V Power Cord
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M w

Would it be worth upgrading bearing in mind this monitor costs £480.00?

Thank-you

Michael Houghton

I suppose I was getting the fact that the resolution of this monitor goes up to 3840 x 2160 although this may be only on display port which my graphics card also supports as well as hdmi

If I set the resolution to this level does FSX have panels and gauges etc which would go to this resolution? If I set the resolution this high would this slow down the frame rates considerably?

​Any commons would be appreciated

Thank-you,

Michael Houghton

Archived