30 FPS to 0,4 FPS as soon as entering From/To

Mikelab6

Hi,

Everything is going well before touching the left MCDU From-To field. I am following the checklist with Copilot disabled. I can align the IRS but as soon as I am entering the From-To in the init page, the FPS drop to 0,4 FPS from 30 FPS. This happening with both the 318 and 319, CFM or IAE. I tried with checklist on or off but same result. I am running the hotfix 1.02. Can't use the plane right now...

System is WIN7 64

FSX SP2 DX10 with Steve fixer

Thanks !

Mike

Configurator is set to use NavDataPro. If I set it to use Navigraph, I've got an error message on FSX opening ("FMGS: Navigation database file not opened")

I don't use any flight plan tool and i don't have any company routes stored.

Thanks !

OK I think i've found the problem after many tests...

If I am not loading a flight plan using the ingame FSX flight plan, the plane is OK and the FPS stay at 30. Problem occurs when using the FSX flight plan and using the load function of FSX to load it. If a flight plan have been loaded, after that, as soon as I am inputing the "From-To" in the init page of the MCDU the FPS drop to 0,4 FPS. It was not so easy to find this because I've always loading the same flight plan to test different scenarios but after trying without loading any FSX flight plan, no problem at all. My flight plan was KBZN to KSFF (Orbx scenery). Perhap you could replicate this behavior on your PCs...

Problem of FPS drop also occurs in reverse situation. Try to setup the aircraft and MCDU init page, perf and FPlan and the plane is still OK, but if you choose to setup a flight plan using the FSX Flight Planner, the FPS drops to 0,4 FPS when returning back to flight.

I am running a french WIN7 but my FSX is English version. I don't know if this could be a problem, but I know this is causing some bugs with flight planning because of "," instead of "." in flight plan code.

Perhap the FPS drops experienced by other customer in other threads are related to this behavior.

Have a great day !

Mike

• Aerosoft

As I said, it may be related to my french Windows7 version running an English FSX version. How to post a video ?

Thanks !

I doubt it's the windows version.

Almost any video tool out there can output to YouTube these days and that's the easiest way.

Hi, I am away from home (and my sim) in vacation at Disney World (Orlando) since few days, and until next sunday, so I can't follow up. Will update on my return.

thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

OK here is a video showing my problem.

Sorry for the poor quality (video cam), but Fraps is only 30 sec max and "Debut capture" program is crashing (bleue screen) my PC, so I did it with my old cam.

As you can see, as soon as my click on flightplan button on MCDU (after inputting my flight plan into FSX flight planner) the FPS goes down to 0.4 FPS

As I said, it may be related to my french Windows7 version running an English FSX version (GPS location using "," instead of ".")

Anyone with a french WIN7 version and english FSX could try to use FSX flight planner and the bus ?

• Aerosoft

Okay, so far we have not seen anybody else with this issue and are unable to recreate it and honestly have no idea what could be causing it. There is some heavy database work going on at that moment but even on a system with slow disk access it should not last more then a few seconds.

Thanks Mathijs for your efforts, very appreciated. If nobody else having the same issue, I understand you can't do anything else. I will continue to look on my side to find the culprit. If you have any clue that can help me looking in the right direction, don't hesitate to post.

By the way, I can use the BUS as long as I do not use the FSX flight planner. I will test it using another flight planner add-on to see...

thanks again !

Have a great day !

Mike

(from Canada)

• 2 weeks later...

New clue. If the flight plan is gererated and pushed into FSX from an addon, I don't have the problem. i tried it using Air Hauler and it was fine, although the flight plan was very short and simple (IFR with departure and arrival only). Could someone have a suggestion about a free addon I could use (generating and auto-loading of the flight plan to FSX) ?. If I use a saved .PLN the problem is showing. I don't have to open the FSX filght planner because Air Hauler is doing the auto load of the flight plan.

Thanks !

Mike

Archived