Fuel Crossfeed/Transfer not working

lonewulf47

The title says it all. I shut down the right engine and opened the Fuel Crossfeed. After having everything secured I wanted to balance the Fuel Tanks and switched off the Fuel Pumps of the (left) live engine inorder to use fuel from the right tank. Nevertheless the fuel quantity cotinued to decrease on the left tank. See picture: (sorry for the pixelated picture, I forgot to zoom in before taking the screenie)

post-25994-0-02845700-1411648403_thumb.j

Oskar

Hi,

Yes, its a bug, will be corrected in the next update, however, the tanks are still gravity feed with the pumps off. In other words, they do not consume exclusively from the "pumped" tank.

Uhmm, no! The pressure delivered by the opposite pumps prevents gravity feeding as it is by far higher than the gravity pressure. To avoid return flow there's of course a checkvalve in the main feeding line of each tank.Don't worry, this issue is not a show stopper at all - just a minor issue that I came across when doing some engine failures at V1... :-)

Oskar

Archived