File Error during installation

KieronMeen

Hello,

I am getting the following error when installing the Airbus A318/A319.

"The following error occured on the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Airbus A318_A319\Aerosoft.AirbusX.A318_19.Configurator.exe'.

Access is denied.
(0x5)"

I have tried everything. Running as admin, redownloading, restarting but I can't fix it.

Any ideas?

Kieron

Possibly a virus scanner problem. I had this in the past with several other addons and disabled my bitdefender and it installed without any problems. Could you confirm this is working for you?

I have the same problem. I found a file in my ESET virus scanner called airbus 318/319 ?????.rra. Sorry but I removed it from quarantine and do not recall the full name. I will land, uninstall, reinstall with admin rights. Now that my virus scanner knows not to produce a false positive it may work. Back after I land in Odessa.

Ed

It now works. Initially I received the same error message. ESET Smart Security quarantined 318_319???.rra again after I told it not to do that. So I liberated it from quarantine and continued the installation. After the installation, I saw the 318_319 configurator for the first time. I clicked it and I got an error message saying I did not have permission. I looked in quarantine again and there it was. So it liberated it and told ESET to leave it alone. That fixed it. I would have never known if Xstasus did not mention a possible virus scanner problem. It would not surprise me if many others had the same problem.

Ed

Archived