London Heathrow Extended Problem I Have 2 Setup Icons

simdown42

Hi

When I unzipped the new London Heathrow Extended FSX Zip I was presented a folder with an Aerosoft setup icon inside and another weird setup icon outside the folder. I used the one outside the folder. it appeared to install correctly. When I launched FSX it did not allow me any gates at Heathrow just an active runway. I launched the airport at the runway and went back to the airport menu. Then I was allowed gates etc. It looked ok but then crashed FSX. It is unstable to say the least and much more complicated to install than any other Mega airport I have. Should I have used the Aerosoft setup icon INSIDE the folder? Very confusing. I have uninstalled. Please any help

regards

simdown42

• Aerosoft

No the setup.exe calls the file in the folder so that's okay. And as you do not report any errors during the install it all went okay. The install should be rather easy. Unzip the zip file, click on the exe and you are done.

What happened after you installed is rather unclear. I have not heard any similar problem even though we got several thousand people using the airport now. I have never heard about an airport that only loaded AFTER you selected a runway and it is very hard to imagine a reason for that.

I suggest you just unzip the zip again, click the exe and follow the onscreen instructions.

Archived