Good day all.

I am setting up PFPX in my new PC and in Aircraft editor page (I am adding aircraft) in General tab there is an option "TOPCAT performance module". Per tutorial I may click on it to add aircraft profile. But I am getting error message "TOPCAT must be version 2.73 or higher". I have current version 2.74. I cannot figure out why it won't let me select TOPCAT module. TOPCAT and PFPX are both licensed products.

I have 3 drives. FSX is installed in dedicated SSD drive. PFPX and TOPCAT are installed in another dedicated HDD drive (outside FSX):

Computer-E:\PFPX

Computer-E:\TOPCAT

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think the reason is that 2.74 i still Beta and therefore it can not be choosen in PFPX. You'll have to wait until its final release and integration in PFPX.

I think the reason is that 2.74 i still Beta and therefore it can not be choosen in PFPX. You'll have to wait until its final release and integration in PFPX.

Topcat 2.74 Beta module does work in PFPX. There is an issue with the PMDG 200LR with landing calculation, but apart from that, it works fine

Topcat 2.74 Beta module does work in PFPX. There is an issue with the PMDG 200LR with landing calculation, but apart from that, it works fine

I was actually trying to set up PMDG 772. Is that the reason why PFPX didn't let me open TOPCAT module? It actually worked before in my old PC, but I cannot figure out what is causing issue in my new one.

Thx

I was actually trying to set up PMDG 772. Is that the reason why PFPX didn't let me open TOPCAT module? It actually worked before in my old PC, but I cannot figure out what is causing issue in my new one.

Thx

It doe's pick up the module in the aircraft database of PFPX, it is only the landing calculation in TC itself which has issues. Not sure why your TC is not hooking in, but I would check permissions and make sure you have full administration rights if using W7 etc.

Also, try a reinstall of TC if needed. You can back up TC database as well.

It doe's pick up the module in the aircraft database of PFPX, it is only the landing calculation in TC itself which has issues. Not sure why your TC is not hooking in, but I would check permissions and make sure you have full administration rights if using W7 etc.

Also, try a reinstall of TC if needed. You can back up TC database as well.

OK, thank you. Will try to do all that.

Edward

OK. I have got it to work. I had to reinstall older version from CD and then install update. Full version from the website did not work.

Thanks to all for help. :)

Archived