• Aerosoft
The very first aircraft that could supercruise (fly supersonic without using after-burners) was the English Electric Lightning. This Cold War interceptor, designed to intercept the Russian Badger and Bear bombers and filled with state of the art technology of the early 1960’s, protected NATO skies for two decades. It’s fast, it climbs like a bat out of hell and needs a serious pilot. If you like your aircraft complex this is one you should not miss!
english-electric-lightning-f3-18.jpg
english-electric-lightning-f3-16.jpg
english-electric-lightning-f3-12.jpg
english-electric-lightning-f3-08.jpg
english-electric-lightning-f3-04.jpg
english-electric-lightning-f3-01.jpg

Lovely! Simply lovely! :excellenttext_s:

I feel sorry for Richard Scarborough though, because I have no idea what he gave. No doubt it was important though! Also, I'm confused why we have to use the F-14 FAQ and the F-14 Forums for support for this Lightning??

Many thanks

Andy

Lovely! Simply lovely! :excellenttext_s:

I feel sorry for Richard Scarborough though, because I have no idea what he gave. No doubt it was important though! Also, I'm confused why we have to use the F-14 FAQ and the F-14 Forums for support for this Lightning??

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

Richard Scarborough in the lucky owner of a complete Lightning cockpit , and he let me measure and play with it. :0)

cheers

Dave R

Hi Dave,

Thanks for such a fantastic product! :bow_down2_s:

Regarding Richard, don't forget to correct the manual, which currently simply reads:

"...and Richard Scarborough for giving"

Andy

Hi Dave,

Thanks for such a fantastic product! :bow_down2_s:

Regarding Richard, don't forget to correct the manual, which currently simply reads:

"...and Richard Scarborough for giving"

Andy

Thanks, and I'll mention the error to Mathijs .

Saw you screenshots on SOH , looks simply stunning in P3D , guess I might have to give it a go !

Cheers

Dave R

Hi Dave,

Bought my Lightning tonight. Only had time for the one flight so far but I did manage to get her to Mach 2 over the North Sea. Absolutely brilliant and I love those shiny aluminium sides. Only downer so far was bending my shiny new lightning on a tree coming in to land, just too low! Oh well I have all weekend to perfect my techniques.

Thanks for a great aircraft and again sorry I bent it so soon, lol.

Happy Flying.

Archived