Importing Weather from ASN to PFPX;

Hello;

I've been trying to download the weather from ASN,to PFPX,but have not been able to.When you go to select the file,from ASN,I'm not able to select the correct file.It says to go to(Active Sky path,wx_station_list.txt and current_wx_snapshot.txt.)I haven't found a file like.

Thanks;

Mark

Hello Mark,

Don't worry about the actual file name, just select the folder: \AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASNFSX\Weather

Give hat a try.

Mark,

I do not understand why you are trying to feed weather from ASN to PFPX. ASN produces current weather, whereas PFPX produces planned weather. Your stated problem (without product names) reads that you want to somehow plan for actual future weather :confused_s: . ASN has no supported interface to PFPX.

Whilst planning a flight, the weather that it is planned that you will encounter is used by PFPX to create a flight PLAN.

Whilst flying your planned route, ASN will inject the ACTUAL weather conditions encountered.

Surely what you should be doing is to accept PFPX using planned weather conditions for the route, and then, when flying, encountering the actual weather at the time of flight. In this way, you will experience the differences between the weather conditions used for the plan, and the weather actually encountered. The differences will then show how planning is just that - a plan, not an actual!

I hope that this helps.

I don't believe that to be the case Richard. ASN passes TAF data also to PFPX not just current METAR.

That is not the case for all weather engines however.

It's not about METARs and TAFs what Richard ment, I think. The main issue is about enroute winds which may change during a flight. ASN only includes the current worldwide enroute wind so that flightplan calculations for some hours ahead might be already false.

A comparison of the two sources on a planned 8 hour Atlantic crossing results in a difference of 4 minutes and less than 300kg of fuel.

At a point 6 hours in to flight the ASN weather is 'broadly' the same prediction as PFPX and differs in strength/direction as of 'now'.

There are variations in the forecasts obviously.

Archived