PFPX not auto finding NAT Tracks with route and can't update

Hello,

I recently tried my first oceanic flight with PFPX, however I found the auto route feature does not give the proper NAT track waypoints for the track that would be best. Do I need to manually select the track somewhere so PFPX will use the waypoints? I even tried deleting the waypoints it gave me and put in the ones of the track but when I clicked "build route" it just removed them all and had me going direct across the ocean.

Is there any way I can set it to put the waypoints of a current track into my flight plan, rather than a track that isn't currently active?

Hi James

OK, using EGLL > KORD as an example here is what PFPX gave me when I selected 'find'

CPT3F CPT UL9 KENET UN14 BAKUR DCT NETKI DCT RESNO NATE YAY N190C YRI J560 YQB DCT YXI DCT YVV DCT GRR DCT PAITN PAITN2

Now what you can do is go to route edit

and at the bottom delete the route and type in:

AUTO ERAKA NATA FOXXE AUTO

NB you must use the NAT entry point and exit point

What I do is create a route for all current tracks and see what gives the best fuel burn/time

Then click build and you get:

WOBU3F WOBUN DCT WELIN UN57 POL UN601 MARGO UN590 SUPIT UP58 ERAKA NATA FOXXE N282A MT N312A SSM DCT PAITN PAITN2

Hope this help

Tried this again today.

It didn't work for my flight, so I thought I'd go back to your example and see if it worked.

When I put AUTO ERAKA NATA FOXXE AUTO it goes from ERAKA to a waypoint in South America called NATA and then up to FOXXE. It does a similar thing with my own route, having me going direct across the ocean from the entry to the exit waypoint.

Any ideas?

Firstly James is ERAKA the entry point of track ALPHA today?

I see the entry point as GOMUP, even so PFPX is then using the NATA FIX you already mentioned.

To get over this you could use AUTO GOMUP AUTO+ RODBO AUTO

When the advanced dialogue box opens tick the No Directs option, Track A is then used to the exit point RODBO. The use of AUTO there on brings back the use of directs.

Strangely enough James 'AUTO GOMUP AUTO' works this morning, assigning NATA correctly.

Whenever I try to do a similar thing this happens:

AUTO YYT NATT GISTI AUTO

-build-

TRALR5 BCE J60 DBL J80 FQF J10 OBH J100 OBK J547 YXU J586 YYZ Q907 ATENE V314 PATTA J509 YQY J575 YYT DCT GISTI

Note how it has me going direct across where the track would be and doesn't continue the route after GISTI

When I try exactly like yours with AUTO YYT AUTO (today's track T entry point)

It also happens where a route is not generated after the waypoint.

TRALR5 BCE J60 DBL J80 FQF J10 OBH J100 OBK J547 YXU J586 YYZ Q907 ATENE V314 PATTA J509 YQY J575 YYT

I must be doing something wrong somewhere..

EDIT: I also just noticed that today my PFPX track message only has the westbound tracks, not the eastbound, not sure why that is.

James,

NAT-T closed at 30W 0800Z

The reason you no longer have Eastbound tracks now are the availability periods:

1130-1900 Zulu at 30 West - Westbound
0100-0800 Zulu at 30 West - Eastbound
Also, in your NATT example, I would try just using AUTO YYT AUTO , using AUTO+ if the route picks up spurious fixes as above.

Hi

Tonight's eastbound tracks are available yet they are not showing up in PFPX. I have noticed this before and am wondering what time we should expect the eastbound tracks to be available? I have copied one of tonight's tracks into PFPX route editor but it would be nice not to have to go to another site to find the tracks and also to have the NAT tracks as part of my PFPX briefing package. Being based in the UK and wanting to fly from Tampa and get to bed means I like to start such flights in the early evening.

Regards

Nixon

Hi Nixon,

They will not be up yet. Remember East bound is from 0100 > 0800 UTC. In the real world they are normally available between 6-10 hours proir to these times to allow you planning time.

We have had problems with this over the last few weeks. Have the NATS been released yet? I haven't checked

Hi

The only reason I asked was because the tracks had been released. In fact they were on your Atlantic eastbound weather chart at 16:00 UTC. I checked again before I released my flight and they were on the route part of PFPX at approx 17:20 UTC

Regards

Nixon

Great stuff, so you are all sorted now?

There sometimes can just be a time delay between NATS being released and them appearing in PFPX, its got a lot better over the last few weeks.

Archived