Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Lnav not engaging properly

Mephic

Take off with ATC vectors (I didn't pull hdg select on ground, first time in air)

Than when ATC gives me clearance to follow route based on my navigation systems I push heading and instead of lines and engaged lnav I see last course which I was flying and a dot behind it (254 .)

Airbus won't engage lnav if I won't choose direct to next waypoint and also this doesn't help sometimes. I bought it two days ago so I assume I have newest version (1.16)

Is it normal for this aircraft that it won't follow flight plan? Is it my error? Never happened on this route in 737ng

I did flown it and find it useful for newcomer to flight simming but it doesn't go too deep into systems considering it is focused on virtual FO and autoland.

Anyway - found the reason, it won't follow via - first waypoint must be direct and it works

Having similar issue of engaging NAV mode also. It only happens after a landing (ie a flight after a turn around). FMS is reprogrammed etc etc and after take off it will not engage NAV mode, only heading mode. All other A/P functions are fine.

Any suggestions...am I missing something or is this a bug? Version 1.16 installed.

Thanks

Nope no discontinuities, probably should have explained it a bit better, the route changes from dashed to solid when nav is engaged (like it should) but then switches back to heading mode immediately.

I never make two flights in a row as I've read too many times that AAX becomes somewhat unpredictable during turn around. I always end FSX and restart it to avoid any problems.

I can say it became very stable with newer versions. Sometimes I made two flights in a row (once I flew 4 short legs in a row!) and 99% of the time I never had any problem at all

Archived