Cold n Dark

Tradesman

Cannot get Otter Extended 1.11 to start in cold n dark config. Always starts with engines running. Delete the .asc file then will start cold ndark but next time goes back to engine running. Any solutions?

Hiyas Marshal

Here is the info you requested.

Thanks

[Variables]
TW_Bat_Bus_voltage=27.417662
Failures_disable=1.000000
Twotter_has_no Startlocks=0.000000
Startup_situation=1.000000
Checklist_Feathprop=0.000000
Panel_View_disable=0.000000
Checklist_View_disable=0.000000
Checklist_camera_disable=0.000000
Clock_Timebase1=0.000000
Clock_Timebase2=0.000000

I have just discovered a strange behavior. At first boot or reboot of machine, fsx wont load in Cold n Dark but will in subsequent loading of fsx untill next reboot.

So, I boot machine then load FSX. Otter starts with engine(s) running.

Exit FSX, restart FSX, Otter start in Cold n Dark.

Exit FSX, restart FSX, Otter start in Cold n Dark.

Reboot machine, start Otter FSX starts with Engine(s) running.

All the time Checklist have Cold n Dark ticked.

Prepar3d v2 is unaffected and starts in Cold n Dark everytime if I wish via checklist

I've onces read on this forum that you could easy enter the game with a cold and dark cockpit. I know fur sure it's here somewhere. The topic that I mentioned say: Start your flightsim in the default flight and turn everything off. Save your default flight with this settings, when promped then just overwright and answer with yes. I don't know how exactly it was written down but it works. Otherways look on this forum, I believe this hint was coming from Mopperle (I don't know this for sure)

I donĀ“t recommend that solution since it often causes issues for some highend addons.

Another solution is to assign a key press like Sh+Ctrl+:, or what ever is free to "Reload aircraft".

When the Twin Otter has been loaded in what should have been Cold and Dark, but engines are still running, then press that key combo and the Twin Otter will re-load in cold and dark.

I had some feedback that cold and dark not always will kick in after the first start of FSX, but really cannot find a solution for that issue, but re-loading the Twin Otter that way should work.

Finn

I donĀ“t recommend that solution since it often causes issues for some highend addons.

Another solution is to assign a key press like Sh+Ctrl+:, or what ever is free to "Reload aircraft".

When the Twin Otter has been loaded in what should have been Cold and Dark, but engines are still running, then press that key combo and the Twin Otter will re-load in cold and dark.

I had some feedback that cold and dark not always will kick in after the first start of FSX, but really cannot find a solution for that issue, but re-loading the Twin Otter that way should work.

Finn

Ok, thx I will work with that.

Archived