Advice on LCD monitor

elljay

I am considering a 21 inch LCD monitor giving 1,600x1,200 resolution at 8 ms for flight simming, especially with fsX out soon. Any advice would be appreciated. Elljay.

I don't got 21" LCD at home so I don't how they are for FS, but at work I've got two Samsung 21 inch LCD in front of me and they're just perfect. Resolution is 1600x1200 (at 8ms I believe). Guess they would be wonderful for FS, unfortunately my boss wont let me play FS during work :-(

• Aerosoft
I don't got 21" LCD at home so I don't how they are for FS, but at work I've got two Samsung 21 inch LCD in front of me and they're just perfect. Resolution is 1600x1200 (at 8ms I believe). Guess they would be wonderful for FS, unfortunately my boss wont let me play FS during work :-(

See that is the good thing about MY boss...

If I am allowed to make a suggestion. 21 LCD that are high quality are pretty expensive and personally I would prefer two 19' screens. That gives you a LOT more screen pixels, for FS you can undock panels or have a full nav screen and for any other kind of work nothing beats two screens. And if you reasonable quality 19' screens are not very expensive. Run then on 1280x1024 (x2) and you have 2.621.440 pixels of good size. That's a lot more then 1.920.000 pixels that are about 20% smaller. Certainly if you are not 19 years old that becomes and issue.

Two 19 inch monitors are the way to go, and pricing is pretty good right now.

with two monitors online, you gotta move a lot of pixels ! better have a powerful CPU/GPU combo...

I'm running a Samsung 19" LCD on the second outlet of my Radeon X800 and a no-name 19" CRT on the main outlet. My CPU is an AMD 3200XP - no major problems here. Fairly stable system and average frame rates.

• Aerosoft
Two 19 inch monitors are the way to go, and pricing is pretty good right now.

Dell USA has good deal on 19 inch FP monitor http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=320-4426

Just purchases one for my wife and one for my mother in law.

gpawood

Concur on that one, very good monitor at a very good price.

I have a 20" Samsung 5ms and I could not fly with out it now.

Careful on the widesceen. With some things it will look awesome, woth others that do nopt support the wide format (IL-2 comes to mind) things will look elongated and very bad.

Hey all!

I have to screens (but only using one at the moment).

An Acer 17" and an Nokia 15".

The reason why i have just one installed is, that I don't know how to use the second one.

I would like to have the cockpit view on the big screen and the outside (fourth- ) view on the smaller one.

How can I do it/that ?

I am considering a 21 inch LCD monitor giving 1,600x1,200 resolution at 8 ms for flight simming, especially with fsX out soon. Any advice would be appreciated. Elljay.

Haven't been able to try a 21 inch LCD monitor yet. But my standard 19 inch Samsung SyncMaster 912N works just great for MSFS. :!:

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all for your views. However, the question has become academic as I am moving into a small unit (apartment) hence all ideas of expansion are on hold.