AES 2.34 FSX does not recognize FlyTampa Vienna 2.5 as being installed

hud635jk

AES 2.34 FSX does not recognize FlyTampa Vienna 2.5 as being installed.

Included are two screenshots that show the problem.

The first shows the options I used to install the update. (two times)

The second, what AES shows in its scenery list. Notice the red color, indicating it considers Vienna as not being installed.

I even did a reinstall of the Vienna update (two times) with all options enabled (except the Libraries - I already have the latest version, and the 4096 which is already set).

No change in behaviour.

post-71172-0-62795000-1387812988_thumb.p

post-71172-0-72395800-1387812997_thumb.p

• Developer

Can you please unzip the attached file into the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT folder and check AESHelp again.

It's possible, that if the FTX Global option is used, the Photoground is not installed, but that file was used to identify the new version.

Can you please unzip the attached file into the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT folder and check AESHelp again.

It's possible, that if the FTX Global option is used, the Photoground is not installed, but that file was used to identify the new version.

Yes, I can confirm that it now works with this fix.

• Developer

Hello Olivier,

I have installed LOWW 2.5 in FSX without FTX global.

Installing AES V2.34 LOWW V2.5 is recognized in the list of installed airports. Unfortunately all gangways have lost their textures and are black.

So I downloaded the fix and replaced the AESA_LOWW_FLX.CFG file.

Now AES is telling me that LOWW 2.5 is not installed, although it is. It cannot be activated.

This is from the scenery.cfg

[Area.208]
Title=FlyTampa-Vienna
Local=N:\FSX\Addon Scenery\FlyTampa-Vienna\
Layer=208
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Putting back in the original AESA_LOWW_FLX.CFG file from the insatller brings back the LOWW V2.5 entry but no textures as per first install.

Thank you for looking into this problem when Xmas is over.

Schöne Weihnachten!

• Developer

Hello Olivier,

I have installed LOWW 2.5 in FSX without FTX global.

Installing AES V2.34 LOWW V2.5 is recognized in the list of installed airports. Unfortunately all gangways have lost their textures and are black.

So I downloaded the fix and replaced the AESA_LOWW_FLX.CFG file.

Now AES is telling me that LOWW 2.5 is not installed, although it is. It cannot be activated.

Schöne Weihnachten!

Hi Alex,

looks like a problem with the scenery update. Can you please first disable the Airport LOWW in AESHelp (doubleclick LOWW and set it to OFF in front), then restart the FSX and check, if you have valid Jetways in the scenery.

Then check, if you find the Textures jetway1.dds,jetway2.dds and jetway2B.dds in the Texture Folder of LOWW.

Maybe you can try to reinstall the update of LOWW without checking the "Static Jetway/AES" option.

• Developer

Hallo Olivier,

You were perfectly right. It was a propblem of wrong update installation. I had moved LOWW scenery to another location as I ran into space problem on my FSX SSD. The updater to V2.5 installed it in the old place and I forgot to check that. So I moved the updated files now and all looks good. Sorry for bothering you with a user mistake. I did not check out the V2.5 waiting for your update. An airport without AES is just incomplete!

Schöne Weihnachten und nochmals Danke für Deine Hilfe!

• Developer

Schöne Weihnachten und nochmals Danke für Deine Hilfe!

Prima, auch Dir schöne Festtage und ein guten Rutsch. Sehen uns im März in MUC, hoffe ich.

• 2 weeks later...

Hilfe:

Habe alles, was oben vorgeschlagen wurde probiert...

...die Installation von Fly Tampa V 2.5 Wochen zuvor lief problemlos (mit Orbx FTX Global).

1.) Habe AES deinstalliert - wieder installiert

2.) Habe den Fix (siehe oben) installiert.

3.) Habe in AES Help LOWW deaktiviert und wieder aktiviert

4.) Das gleiche wie zuvor auch in der Szeneriebibliothek des FSX

5.) Habe das Update erneut installiert UND AES neu installiert...

...habe die Schnauze voll, folgende Fehlermeldung erscheint:

" Addon Szenery "Flytampa/Aerosoft Vienna Version 2.0" nicht gefunden oder sind nicht aktiv. Bitte zuerst installieren oder aktivieren in der Scenery Library"...

Komischerweise wird bei AES-Help natürlich die neue Version "2.34" angezeigt - warum sucht AES nun Fly Tampa Vienna 2.0, obwohl ich das Update auf Version 2.5 erfolgreich getätigt habe (mit Flugerprobung etc.) ???

• Developer

...habe die Schnauze voll, folgende Fehlermeldung erscheint:

" Addon Szenery "Flytampa/Aerosoft Vienna Version 2.0" nicht gefunden oder sind nicht aktiv. Bitte zuerst installieren oder aktivieren in der Scenery Library"...

Wenn diese Meldung kommt, hast Du den Fix NICHT installiert oder zumindest ins falsche Verzeichnis gelegt oder nicht entpackt. Denn genau diese Meldung lautet dort anders.

Wenn diese Meldung kommt, hast Du den Fix NICHT installiert oder zumindest ins falsche Verzeichnis gelegt oder nicht entpackt. Denn genau diese Meldung lautet dort anders.

Danke Dir,

hat natürlich funktioniert. Habe den Fix innerhalb von AES\AIRPORT nocheinmal in das Verzeichnis \Fly TampaVienna gelegt, das war mein Fehler...

...sorry und mercy für die Geduld :excellenttext_s:

Hi everybody,

I've a problem with the installation of the new version of Vienna X 2.5, I've been using the airport with AES 2.30 active without problems

but I updated to AES 2.34 because i bought new credits. Now I can´t see the jetways in Vienna because I've to install de version 2.5 of the scenery

and there's an error in the setup it says: UNABLE TO PERFORM THE UPDATE BECAUSE NO PRIOR VERSION OF FLY TAMPA-VIENNA HAS BEEN DETECTED. PLEASE REINSTALL FLYTAMPA-VIENNA USING THE ORIGINAL INSTALLER BEFORE APPLYING THIS UPDATE. NOTE THAT THIS UPDATE WILL NOT WORK IF YOU COPIED THE ORIGINAL FILES/FOLDERS ELSEWHERE MANUALLY.

I've tried to reinstall the scenery three times deleting it from Addon Scenery and Scenery Objects in the FSX configuration.

Can you help me?

Regards

Nokir

The fix does also work for me - thank you :)

Oliver,

danke und Entschuldigung, dass ich dass mit der Version übersehen habe. Habe jetzt 2.34 installiert und Problem ist behoben......

Rolf

Archived