No cockpit shadows (In DX10 Mode)

ZsoltE

The title says everything. :)

Unfortunately there is no shadows in the cockpit. Any other aircraft has.

I'm running the twotter on FSX ACC and using DX10 fixer. There is also no shadows w/o the fixer but check the DX10 pre.mode.

Anyone else experienced the same problem.

Since we don´t support DX10 issues, please refer to other sources.

Shadows does not apper automatically for addon aitcraft in DX10 mode.

Finn

• 3 weeks later...

I modified the title to make it more specific. The addition is in parenthesis.

Thanks Herman

If users can make shadows work with the toolbox thingie then fine - otherwise we still don´t support DX10.

Finn

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

..and that is still a shame.

Maybe....

But even Microsoft never supported it, thus the term "Preview" DX10 mode.

When FSX was developed MS saw it as the showcase application for Windows vista and it´s DX10.

Vista nd DX10 was deleayed and MS chiose to release FSX before Vista and DX was ready. Subsequently MS never put the necessary resources into getting DX10 to work properly once Visat and DX10 finally was ready.

So pardon me if I ask why we can support anything in FSX that MS doesn´t either.

The hope is high though, since P3D V2.x adds cockpit shadows to most addon aircraft including tiles like the Catalina X, Bronco X, Airbus Extended and Twin otter Extended.

Finn

• 1 month later...

So pardon me if I ask why we can support anything in FSX that MS doesn´t either.

Because a lot of your customers are using DX10 mode exclusively. ;)

Maybe....

But even Microsoft never supported it, thus the term "Preview" DX10 mode.

When FSX was developed MS saw it as the showcase application for Windows vista and it´s DX10.

Vista nd DX10 was deleayed and MS chiose to release FSX before Vista and DX was ready. Subsequently MS never put the necessary resources into getting DX10 to work properly once Visat and DX10 finally was ready.

The hope is high though, since P3D V2.x adds cockpit shadows to most addon aircraft including tiles like the Catalina X, Bronco X, Airbus Extended and Twin otter Extended.

Finn

You want to support P3DV2, but not DX10 with the fixer. Finn, you are so wrong. And don't say I am as you don't use it and I do. Apart from dynamic shadows on the ground which you need a $2K graphics card to run, and volumetric clouds in P3D, there is not very much difference.

And why is it, every time someone mentions the Dx10 fixer, we dx10 users get the lecture that it is only a preview. We all know that, and the history behind it. Good grief man, FSX has been out for years. It is not a preview once the fixer is installed. When will you guys ever understand that.

Just stop the "it's is just a preview" please!!!

Take a leaf out of FlyTampa's book, they have and are embracing DX10.

You do realise that there are many, and I mean many Dx10 users, yet you think you don't need to support us ?. That could be a mistake.

You will support P3D, but not DX10. If that is the case, I will purchase my addons elsewhere.

Then please enlighten me where to find SDK's for FSX DX10 ?

It´s not Aerosoft or any other 3rd part publisher/developer that took the decision that DX10 in FSX only should be regarded as a preview option.

Please read and understand what I have written in post #9....

Microsoft never ptached FSX to be able to run right in DX10 mode. It´sw really cool that somone has been able to rectify most and maybe all issues with DX10 via the DX10 fixer, but that doesnt make it an official fix on which a company like Aerosoft can build their products on.

If a certain product works flawless with DX10 + DX10 fixer fixes, then fine - we are all happy. If not then there doesn´t exist an SDK that clearly can tell the developers how certain functions needs to be set to make his/her product work with DX10.

The team I normally develope 3rd party aircraft with do their utmost to ensure that the end product will work with the official FSX SP2/ Acceleration pack. Until very recent we also saw that our products worked flawless with P3D V1.4 and V2.0. Some issues arose with V2.1 which shiftly where fixed by both us and Lockheed Martin. P3D is special since they are still developing P3D. FSX is now stuck at SP2/Acceleration.

And by the way - no one can expect developers to fix their old products when the platform is upgraded, thus what was develperd to wotk unf FSX SP2 cannot be expected to work with the new FSX DX10 fixer or for that sake P3D. If the fix is easy we will always do our best to send out fixes, even for somewhat older products.

Finn

Archived