TopCat and PFPX integration

I've just watched a video by Kyle Rodgers on the differences between TopCat and PFPX. Whilst it answered many questions it didn't make one thing clear.

Having chosen my aircraft and planned my flight from A to B in PFPX how much of that information needs to be manually entered into TopCat?

PFPX reads aircraft performance from the relevant TopCat aircraft file but does it feed the departure and arrival airports into TopCat? It would seem odd if that information had to be entered manually. And what other information for a flight needs to be fed to TopCat?

I want my workload to be reduced if I bought TopCat, not increased. Will it help me achieve that?

Hello Ray,

PFPX will transfer Dep/Arr airports along with payload and fuel data. You do need a corresponding aircraft setup in the Topcat list.

This processed and transferred to Topcat with no alterations:

post-5872-0-74005200-1385554447_thumb.jp

Hello Ray,

PFPX will transfer Dep/Arr airports along with payload and fuel data. You do need a corresponding aircraft setup in the Topcat list.

This processed and transferred to Topcat with no alterations;

Thanks Stephen. That answers my question perfectly. :excellenttext_s:

But, for what reason ever, you are not able to load the Airbus via Topcat with all the data from PFPX. Does anybody know why?

I use the Wilco Vol1 airbus and topcat loads the fuel and payload fine from PFPX.

regards, Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Mark, sorry I should say, that I mean the AXE. The others work perfect.

I use PFPX, TOPCAT, and EFB, with , PMDG variants , WILCO EVO1 and AXE, after some early issues

they are all working now

Ray, they have certainly reduced my workload in the cockpit. Nice to have all the calcuations made for you.

Archived