No Flightcrew Checklist Vocalisations with selection of Spot View

LecLightning56

Hi,

I raised a similar issue recently but a problem still exists in FSX with the Airbus X Extended. I am running Windows 8 64-bit FSX with controllers setup from within FSUIPC (controllers are lost in FSX Windows 8).

If I load e.g. the A321 to its default VC window (with no other windows docked or undocked) and then commence a checklist, the flightcrew are heard reading and checking the checklist procedures.

If, during the course of the checklist (or otherwise indeed), I open and undock a spot view of the external view of the aircraft, and then click back into the VC window, all flightcrew vocalisations are lost when flightcrew should be reading and vocalising the checklists.

I had originally thought that this was related to the use of Opus weather software but it seems this is exonerated now.

I would invite anyone out there to load the Airbus X, then do as I have described above and see if they experience the same problem. Please report your findings back to me.

The problem that I have is that, if I open an external view before starting a checklist, then click back on the VC, then I do not get any flightcrew sound when a checklist is selected to commence.

Please advise the process you went through to achieve the above, i.e. at which point was the external view created, did you start FSX with a default aircraft etc.

I have finally cracked the problem.

It is related to my sound card and its settings through the speaker system.

If I use 2.1 surround (stereo) through the front speakers only, then I lose the flightcrew vocalisations when reading checklists whenever an undocked external view is used in FSX.

If, however, I use 5.1 surround (or stereo x2 in a Logitech surround system, effectively duplicating the front stereo through the rear speakers), then the flightcrew vocalisations are restored whenever an undocked external view is used.

It should be noted that with the use of an undocked external view I have found it necessary to load the default FSX aircraft (the microlight) together with the undocked external view, before loading the Airbus X.

One further consideration, I have previously reported related issues with Opus weather software. These issues are resolved if the steps above are followed and Opus updates the weather with the default aircraft, before loading Airbus X.

So, to reiterate, the main problems were associated with how the speaker system is managed and an apparent requirement to load the default FSX aircraft in advance of Airbus X. I believe that the same comments apply to Prepar3D since this is essentially much the same as FSX itself.

Archived