Too high breakaway power?

shiFt

I haven't used the twotter since 1.04, so my memory may be tricking me. After I installed 1.05 it seems that it requires more power to start rolling than before.

I have disconnected all my hardware to eliminate calibration issues.

As you can see from the attached photo, the twotter requires 20% trq, 100%Np and 60%Ng to start rolling. This applies to the wheel, tundra and ski models.

Is this a bug?

Regards Martin

post-11997-0-71593600-1383226584_thumb.j

"Is it a bug ?"

Yes and no..

It´s not a bug ijn the Twin Otter, but rather FSX's unrealistic modelling of ground friction.

If Your have a registered version of FSUIPC with the latest update You can add this line to the FSUIPC4.ini at the end of the [General] section:

patchsim1friction=Yes

Finn

"Is it a bug ?"

Yes and no..

It´s not a bug ijn the Twin Otter, but rather FSX's unrealistic modelling of ground friction.

If Your have a registered version of FSUIPC with the latest update You can add this line to the FSUIPC4.ini at the end of the [General] section:

patchsim1friction=Yes

Finn

Hi Finn, does that fix all aircraft in fsx and does it have side effects, like augmenting ground roll?

David

It kind of fixes ground friction for all FSX aircraft.

I have not heard about any side effects, just note that while it lowers break away power I doubt that it fixes ground behaviour as such.

Finn

It kind of fixes ground friction for all FSX aircraft.

I have not heard about any side effects, just note that while it lowers break away power I doubt that it fixes ground behaviour as such.

Finn

Thank you Finn, kind of you to reply...

David

Thanks Finn, another good reason to get a registered copy of FSUIPC.

And I agree, the ground handlig in FSX is terrible, it actually makes taxiing harder than in real life (until you get slippery taxiways and gusty winds) :)

"Is it a bug ?"

Yes and no..

patchsim1friction=Yes

Finn

Hi everybody.

Below is in my opinion a better solution;

With a registered copy of FSUIPC.

Download Lua_Plugins_07July.zip from http://forum.simflig...and-wideclient/

This zip file contains another zip fip file Example LUA plugins.zip. There you find the DynamicFriction.lua.

Drop that into your Modules folder and make the following entry in FSUIPC4.ini:

[Auto]

1=Lua DynamicFriction

And off you go.

The DynamicFriction LUA actually =restore friction/braking to default when above taxi speed to preserve performance fidelity=

In the downloaded DynamicFriction LUA this speed is set to 30 knots GS,

which means that;

on the takeoff run, once over 30 knots GS, it does nothing,

on landing it does nothing until under 30 knots GS.

which again means you will not get short takeoff and long landing distances.

And... it adds yet another good feature that has plagued MSFS for years: sideways friction!

While it decreases the rolling friction coeficient, at the same time it increases the sideways coef. The result is a more plausible behaviour of your aircraft when taxiing, taking off or landing under crosswinds.

These coeficients are also calculated depending on the rw type.

I use this with PMDG 737NGX and 777. No excessive thrust to get mooving and a real joy to taxi.

By the way, once installed it affects all your planes in MSFS.

If you don't like it, just remove the lua file from the modules folder and its as if it was never there.

Have fun!

Soeren

Archived