A320 - Autopilot managed altitude

Tolas

Hi,

I am a beginner and have a question in regards to the autopilot altitude setting on a A320.

I want it to follow the altitude set in the fmc flight plan (in pink on the PFD i believe) but I don't see this appearing.

I believe it is called "managed" mode. If I set it manually it does work fine though (in blue)

The speed using the auto throttle follows the one set in the FMC correctly.

How can I fix this ? I am probably missing something.

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

what exactly is going wrong?

If the Airbus is not doing something it should do please show us some screenshots. With screenshots we can always help you better than without them :)

I also recommend you to fly the tutorial flight, it explains you how to do everything.

My problem is I expect the autopilot to follow the altitude constraints set in the FMGC for my flight plan.

It only follows the speed set there. I probably am missing something....

Any idea what ?

I will try the flight tutorial though it is a good idea :)

Thank you

In which mode do you descend? If you use DES mode it will care about the constraints. If you use OP DES if will ignore them. You can think of it being similar to VNAV (DES) and FLCH (OP DES) in Boeings.

Archived